Why

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Cagey
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Why

Post by Cagey » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:49 am

For the big three: Tokushima, Yoshikawa, Sanlike:
Last edited by Cagey on Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.

QUAKEnSHAKE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by QUAKEnSHAKE » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:34 am

dragon1 wrote:Yeppers...CABIN FEVER! ](*,)

I truly love the overall products of the BIG THREE, and have owned some of the highest end of their FW BCs and Spinners.
Okuma, Pinnacle, Quantum??? ;) ;)

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:36 am

Silstar, Shakespeare and Zebco! :P

And yes, I have owned and used all these brands as well! :-$

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:39 am

"You should give JDM another look. It has pretty much stopped ebbing and has begun flowing a bit. ;)

Image[/quote]

As to increased flow, all I can say is thank goodness for Flomax! I was on the verge of giving up both coffee and beer, which means life as I know it would have been pretty much over. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

GRH
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by GRH » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:03 am

Hey Cagey,

Tis the season for Joy to your fellow man, not anger. ;)

If you are looking for a relaxing site that is visited by fisherman who discuss everything about the sport but are more interested in nice inexpensive factory to middle-of-the-road equipment try this website: http://www.bassresource.com/bass-fishing-forums

I have read many comments from them wondering how members of Tackle Tour can spend so much money for the fishing gear they own. For a lot of them spending $100.00-150.00 for a rod and owning something like a Chronarch "E" or less is the sweet spot and they will look no further - great bunch of guys that have a wealth of information to share.

I don't believe it is a secret that anybody who regularly visits Tackle Tour can see it is a website catering to the 'Enthusiast". That generally means they use or want mostly the latest and greatest equipment, or aspire to have it someday and they are looking for the information to get it. Yes, that can include custom options and accessories too. Some like 'bling' (your word) and others don't - it's whatever makes you happy because nobody is forcing anybody to buy anything.

For me, I enjoy visiting both sites.

Merry Christmas and/or Happy Holidays to all!

Cagey
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Cagey » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:36 am

Wise words, Thank you for the tip. Merry Christmas to you too!

I apologize for letting my frustration loose on the keyboard.
Last edited by Cagey on Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

facelessnewsouth
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by facelessnewsouth » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:47 am

Daiwa, Shimano, Abu, Lews, OEM third parties....whatever you like is what you should use!

My tastes have changed since I joined this board, as have my general outlook on fishing, my skill level, and my frequency of posting. I mostly lurk now, and while I'm nowhere near able to afford some of the gear a lot of the members post, I've treated myself here and there, and I totally get why they do it.

I can honestly say TT has been instrumental in increasing my enjoyment of the sport, and increasing my enjoyment of the gear I can afford with methods to improve that budget gear and turn it into something amazing.

That being said, I'm due for something for me after buying for others all Christmas season and there's been some great stuff flowing on the for sale board.... 8-[

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Tokugawa » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:24 am

I can understand not wanting to spend a lot on gear. To each his own on that. There are some positions that just don't make rational sense to me:

1. Regardless of the price, abusing any piece of fishing equipment...or any equipment for that matter...is really thoughtless. Abused equipment is going to be better at its function than well cared for equipment? :?:
2. The idea that "someone buys expensive gear and pimps it out, so they don't care about fishing as much as I do". Ummmm...if they didn't like fishing, would they spend a lot of money on it? Possessing high end gear and passion for fishing are not inversely proportional or mutually exclusive.
3. The idea that "TT members" don't really like to fish as much as someone who has crappy gear. IDK - the longest thread in Show and Tell is this:

http://forums.tackletour.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=39058

Looks like TT members can slap a hook into fish pretty well...even with all that purty gear! :big grin:

Dink Dawg
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Dink Dawg » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:52 am

With in every group, you will find someone like the character PSYCHO from the move Stripes. " Anyone talks crap about my rods or reels.....I'll kill ya. " That's the why. ;)

smalliesteve
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by smalliesteve » Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:30 pm

Cagey wrote: I just wish there was some way to split the pimpers off into their own little world of useless pimping so the fishermen can deal with strictly engineering improvement methods rather than useless cosmetic issues.

Good News, we did!!!

It's called Tackle Tour you should check it out sometime. :big grin: :big grin:

Merry Christmas from a thin-skinned diva pimper :lol: :lol:

StarTzar
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by StarTzar » Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:11 pm

smalliesteve wrote:

Good News, we did!!!

JDM version ... In sapphire blue

グッドニュース、私たちはやった

それは、あなたがいつかそれをチェックアウトする必要がありますツアータックルと呼ばれています。 :big grin: :big grin:

皮の薄い歌姫pimperからメリークリスマス
:lol: :lol:

taylor5877
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by taylor5877 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:32 pm

I feel bad for the cabin fever guys...I can make the 30 second walk to my pond and probably be holding a bass on a topwater bait within 2 minutes...

I can't understand the "street" price for the Tatula is so low...it's almost like its a quantum or Revo or something...oh well, best sub $100 reel in modern fishing IMO.

smalliesteve
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by smalliesteve » Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:12 am

StarTzar wrote:
smalliesteve wrote:

Good News, we did!!!

JDM version ... In sapphire blue

グッドニュース、私たちはやった

それは、あなたがいつかそれをチェックアウトする必要がありますツアータックルと呼ばれています。 :big grin: :big grin:

皮の薄い歌姫pimperからメリークリスマス
:lol: :lol:

No no no, it must be Ito green/gold and purple

グッドニュース、私たちはやった

それは、あなたがいつかそれをチェックアウトする必要がありますツアータックルと呼ばれています:big grin: :big grin:

皮の薄い歌姫pimperからメリークリスマス

SteveSchmelzle
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SteveSchmelzle » Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:23 am

Cagey,

I agree with you 100%.

before this site, which I only joined to discuss my disgust with the NRX reel seat issue, I had NEVER IN MY LIFE Heard of someone trying to match a reel colour with a rod colour.

I could not wrap my head around that - and still can't.

however, I've learned a heckuva lot about gear sticking around here....

Yes, you are not alone. No one cares if a cap is red, green, or purple (are those still cool accents)?

It is frustrating that there is more discussion about colours of parts than about technological advancements.......but there are other sites for that.

Stick around. You'll find this place offers a niche in the fishing market. Just know you will learn more about clicking tension control knobs than you will about new fishing techniques.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:26 am

There is plenty to found here, "of the earth" from "earthy folks"....and other type folks. :whistle:

You have to know where to read, and what to read...and more importantly, what NOT to read and digest (yes, some of the
"stuff" here is not worth swallowing :P, as is the case with most forums...but in general, TT is still the pinnacle overall, for what a fishing forum has to offer, IMHO.)

This said, "you" may find that there are those on TT that may or may not contribute much, based upon what "you"/"one" is seeking.

Just sayin' man.