Why doesn't Daiwa face the TWS grooving issue?(with pics)

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
mrtori
Angler
Angler

Why doesn't Daiwa face the TWS grooving issue?(with pics)

Post by mrtori » Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:44 pm

hey all guys I am from china
since almost every anglers in china knows that the new TWS(equipped on UDM tatula and new zillion serious, JDM tatula, morethan pe sv ETC.) has grooving problems with tons of pictures uploaded on the internet. Often with 2 grooving points on the guide ring(some reel just with one for using a high pound braid lien). The problem is very simple, while in retrieve mode, the guide ring would stress the line, with such pressure, the line would groove the guide ring especially when fish is on. Why 2 grooving points? When the guide ring retrieving from left to right, the line will groove one, and when the guide ring retrieving from right to left, the line will groove another.

however, since the first tatula debuted in 2013, there is no official comments from Daiwa for the grooving problem for such a obvious flaw in design. They could try to find another harder material or redesign the TWS but THEY JUST DID NOTGING and keep pushing new reel models with TWS one by one.

WHY? They don't know the issue? They don't think that is a flaw? They believe all of us use their TWS reels in an Improper way?

I don't know whether you guys know the grooving issue and if you know, will you continue to purchase your next TWS reel?

With this problem fixed, I believe the TWS will be a plus point but for now, I won't buy any TWS reels

here are some pics from different reels and different anglers(I can only upload 5 pics per post, I will upload more below):
QQ图片20141122150756.jpg
QQ图片20141122150756.jpg (68.11 KiB) Viewed 11058 times
011703dmv8ikfkp0ukmfv8.jpg
011703dmv8ikfkp0ukmfv8.jpg (86.49 KiB) Viewed 11058 times
011716dco09yky93ac52at.jpg
011716dco09yky93ac52at.jpg (60.16 KiB) Viewed 11058 times
101640hc6tnnv9bk9k1chk.jpg
101640hc6tnnv9bk9k1chk.jpg (65.79 KiB) Viewed 11058 times
101644em397tut9y9a9nzb.jpg
101644em397tut9y9a9nzb.jpg (60.86 KiB) Viewed 11058 times
Last edited by mrtori on Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:20 am, edited 3 times in total.

tywithay
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Why doesn't Daiwa face the TWS grooving issue?

Post by tywithay » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:13 pm

They haven't been sent back enough reels to consider it a problem. From what I gathered, nobody posted legit photos and contacted Daiwa. The whole situation looked like a scam to put Daiwa down. I have a few Tatulas with no grooves and will happily buy more TWS reels.

mrtori
Angler
Angler

Post by mrtori » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:06 pm

tywithay wrote:They haven't been sent back enough reels to consider it a problem. From what I gathered, nobody posted legit photos and contacted Daiwa. The whole situation looked like a scam to put Daiwa down. I have a few Tatulas with no grooves and will happily buy more TWS reels.
Thanks a lot body,! btw, do you know how to post images here?
the thing is, I can gather bunches of pictures showing that the grooving problem of TWS in china. For most of our Daiwa reels are smuggling from Japan or U.S, we lack ways and language skills to contact manufactures, so this problem may not be sent to Daiwa.

you got a tatula and make it 90% up spooled with braid or fluorocarbon line after several times of fishing, you will get the guide ring grooved.

more pics:
124147ntv3qsmt6zp6ppep.jpg
124147ntv3qsmt6zp6ppep.jpg (24.62 KiB) Viewed 11057 times
124159jspt8qbpatszbkyk.jpg
124159jspt8qbpatszbkyk.jpg (15.55 KiB) Viewed 11057 times
133757q2p2wygpoo24k27l.jpg
133757q2p2wygpoo24k27l.jpg (64.42 KiB) Viewed 11057 times
133806y9zowvsjavamlrro.jpg
133806y9zowvsjavamlrro.jpg (52.92 KiB) Viewed 11057 times
Last edited by mrtori on Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

tywithay
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by tywithay » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:26 pm

mrtori wrote:
tywithay wrote:They haven't been sent back enough reels to consider it a problem. From what I gathered, nobody posted legit photos and contacted Daiwa. The whole situation looked like a scam to put Daiwa down. I have a few Tatulas with no grooves and will happily buy more TWS reels.
the thing is, I can gather bunches of pictures showing that the grooving problem of TWS in china. For most of our Daiwa reels are smuggling from Japan or U.S, we lack ways and language skills to contact manufactures, so this problem may not be sent to Daiwa.

you got a tatula and make it 90% up spooled with braid or fluorocarbon line after several times of fishing, you will get the guide ring grooved.
I have a couple spooled 100% full with fluorocarbon, and one full of braid. Have not seen a single groove. Been using them hard over a year and haven't seen any problems yet.

mrtori
Angler
Angler

Post by mrtori » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:30 pm

tywithay wrote:
mrtori wrote:

I have a couple spooled 100% full with fluorocarbon, and one full of braid. Have not seen a single groove. Been using them hard over a year and haven't seen any problems yet.
thanks for your information, really. maybe I am the guy who is put into a big scheme :D

389Maverick
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by 389Maverick » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:06 pm

mrtori wrote: For most of our Daiwa reels are smuggling from Japan or U.S, we lack ways and language skills to contact manufactures, so this problem may not be sent to Daiwa.
:-s

k3fishing
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by k3fishing » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:27 pm

Mrtori, the issue is there... some people's tws reels don't have the issue and some do. That is disturbing in its self, I have 4 reels with the tws 1 with two grooves just like you had commented. I used 1type, size and brand of FC on it and have posted some LEGIT photos of it. The 2nd reel has a little wear mark on it, just a very tiny rough area. This reel has always had braid on it. The other 2 have had no issues to date. I have not contacted Daiwa because it has not compromised any of my lines. I figure if it does then I will be contactingthem, and I dont want to take my reels all apart put them back to stock and send them back. I would rather just call and order a new t-wing. I love these reels and will continue to use them, as I have always stated... but the issue is there. If you wat to post pics the easiest way I have found is to use the old school paint program that is on every computer. Shrink it and save it then post it. I used to be one of the ones saying the issue was BS until it happened to me.

mrtori
Angler
Angler

Post by mrtori » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:06 pm

389Maverick wrote:
mrtori wrote: For most of our Daiwa reels are smuggling from Japan or U.S, we lack ways and language skills to contact manufactures, so this problem may not be sent to Daiwa.
well, call all those reels smuggling may be a little bit of exaggeration, but that's the way we buy reels not officially launched on the Chinese market. we have to buy through ebay, amazon japan or amazon u.s, with some duties are payed but some are not, depending on the random checks of the Chinese custom house.(although everyone in china has a quota of buying duty free items each year).

mrtori
Angler
Angler

Post by mrtori » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:10 pm

k3fishing wrote:Mrtori, the issue is there... some people's tws reels don't have the issue and some do. That is disturbing in its self, I have 4 reels with the tws 1 with two grooves just like you had commented. I used 1type, size and brand of FC on it and have posted some LEGIT photos of it. The 2nd reel has a little wear mark on it, just a very tiny rough area. This reel has always had braid on it. The other 2 have had no issues to date. I have not contacted Daiwa because it has not compromised any of my lines. I figure if it does then I will be contactingthem, and I dont want to take my reels all apart put them back to stock and send them back. I would rather just call and order a new t-wing. I love these reels and will continue to use them, as I have always stated... but the issue is there. If you wat to post pics the easiest way I have found is to use the old school paint program that is on every computer. Shrink it and save it then post it. I used to be one of the ones saying the issue was BS until it happened to me.
yeah, I agree with you, the problem is, not all of the TWS reels get this problem and still we don't know why
thank you for your tips of upload pics, I've already find ways to upload attachment and I will try

IlliniDawg01
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by IlliniDawg01 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:36 pm

http://forums.tackletour.com/viewtopic. ... ed#p480321

If I ever get a TWS reel, I will probably try to mod my guide like the guy did in the picture above. Daiwa should take on this design improvement and throw the guy a few free reels for coming up with it.

DaveJ

mrtori
Angler
Angler

Post by mrtori » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:22 am

IlliniDawg01 wrote:http://forums.tackletour.com/viewtopic. ... ed#p480321

If I ever get a TWS reel, I will probably try to mod my guide like the guy did in the picture above. Daiwa should take on this design improvement and throw the guy a few free reels for coming up with it.

DaveJ
I am not sure that will work but that's a good idea, at least you tried to solve this issue while the maker did not :D

389Maverick
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by 389Maverick » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:11 am

mrtori wrote:
389Maverick wrote:
well, call all those reels smuggling may be a little bit of exaggeration, but that's the way we buy reels not officially launched on the Chinese market. we have to buy through ebay, amazon japan or amazon u.s, with some duties are payed but some are not, depending on the random checks of the Chinese custom house.(although everyone in china has a quota of buying duty free items each year).
I had no clue, thanks for the clarification.
If you do buy reels that were smuggled...doesn't it completely void the warranty?

mrtori
Angler
Angler

Post by mrtori » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:23 am

389Maverick wrote:
mrtori wrote:
389Maverick wrote:
I had no clue, thanks for the clarification.
If you do buy reels that were smuggled...doesn't it completely void the warranty?
the truth is, you could send your tackles to the makers where you brought them, in instead of paying the international shipment fees, we usually order parts from local sellers, and those sellers will order parts from japan and us manufactures. plus, most of our anglers don't know how to contact with manufacturers. the situation is not like japan and the u.s. if we buy imported goods, the price will almost doubled,and new versions will be imported very very late, long after the debut time :cry:

slicksouthpaw
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Why doesn't Daiwa face the TWS grooving issue?(with pics

Post by slicksouthpaw » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:42 pm

there is a major problem with the tatula tws. people just seem to ignore it or just in flat out denial

slicksouthpaw
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by slicksouthpaw » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:47 pm

IlliniDawg01 wrote:http://forums.tackletour.com/viewtopic. ... ed#p480321

DaveJ
that fix is actually brilliant. if we could only buy modified tws....... i might pick up my tatula again