Why doesn't Daiwa face the TWS grooving issue?(with pics)

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Re: Why doesn't Daiwa face the TWS grooving issue?(with pics)

Post by mark poulson » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:15 pm

Maybe they had The Rascals playing on the intercom when they manuf. those T wings. :lol: :lol: :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ft8WLX9G1I

Zimbass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Zimbass » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:01 pm

mark poulson wrote:Maybe they had The Rascals playing on the intercom when they manuf. those T wings. :lol: :lol: :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ft8WLX9G1I

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Slazmo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Slazmo » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:18 pm

Well I just bought my first Daiwa BC - a Tatula CT 100P... A Shimano baitcaster owner through and through, however a quick dabble into the unknown is always good.

After all the reading I've done with the Titanium Dioxide coating I am feeling quite assured that it should'nt occur after the initial batch was released with the faults that were experienced. I havent myself seen many with an / a / the issue in the T Wings other than shaft wear and body wear from the rotation against the worm shaft collar...

I did manage to find those Ceramic T Wings however they're sold out...

wandyhee
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by wandyhee » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:26 am

been reading this thread up to page 11. some question here about simple solution;

will applying thin layer of light grease or lube inside the line guide or level wind using cotton bud/swab on every after use can minimize the issue? love to hear comment from those who practice this method