New CQ Coming to North America

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
trout27
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: New CQ Coming to North America

Post by trout27 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:38 pm

cndbasshunter wrote:
trout27 wrote:
Bootytrain wrote:
trout27 wrote:I am surprised because I just thought shimano would be closer to 500 especially since the reel can be found for under 500
You are talking about the street price in Japan. Taking a look at the Antares and metanium pricing here vs Japan street prices, you shouldn't be shocked at all. Excise tax and warranty raise the price. I knew there was no way shimano was going to price the new CQ at or lower than the morrum zx.
I see what you mean but I for me I am not paying the retail price. Also what do you mean by street prices? Japan angler has the conquest for 425 and shipping for me is 16 dollars so compared to the USDM version is around 100 dollars cheaper.
Warranty?

Warranty as in you do not get it with the JDM version or that the price for the USDM is more expensive due to warranty?]

Thanks,

Ryan

PancakeFace22
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by PancakeFace22 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:29 am

I'm personally satisfied with the price. I just won't buy one until a good sale comes up. At 20% off, the 100 size will be $440 with free shipping from most places nowadays and will include a US warranty.

RMCatchNrelease
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by RMCatchNrelease » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:24 am

It is the same reel, I doubt they have distinguishable markings US vs JDM. I would assume you could still send in the JDM reel to service for the normal fee.

Can you send in a JDM Metanium? Are they not identical? How would they know?

IAY
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by IAY » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:30 am

You can get the reel serviced no problem as long as Shimano America carries the parts. Warranty is different story though.