SV Spool Inductor

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: SV Spool Inductor

Post by cndbasshunter » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:44 am

E73Bass wrote:I am gonna show a video....this weekend of how the 103 SV Ltd, and SS SV spins freely in the Steez and NOT in the TD-Z's.

And then show a video of my 105SV (orange) spinning freely in both Steez and TD-Z.

It is my impression that the Black SV spools are made for the Steez's and SS SV only.

The Orange SV spools work well in all reels they are intended to work for.

I am not gonna take the RCS1000 SV spool out of my T3 to mix into this discussion.

Lastly Daiwa needs a SV spool for the Zillion/Fuego platform.

SV deep also spinns more freely in my IS63 and Steez than my TD-Ito. With line the spool does work in the TD-Z, casts pretty good but not as nice as my RCS1016 or 1012. Skipping and Flipping i think the SV spool will shine.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:57 am

So to summarize, are we liking the 1016 spool for chucking and winding in a T3 platform over the SV spools? I don't flip and pitch. Hardbaits are my bread and butter. Am I best off just keeping my 1016 spools? I'm just looking for some straight forward answers. For weightless plastics which spool? How about mid weight Hardbaits? Not trying to twist the thread, just add a little real life clarity.

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by cndbasshunter » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:47 am

Hogsticker2 wrote:So to summarize, are we liking the 1016 spool for chucking and winding in a T3 platform over the SV spools? I don't flip and pitch. Hardbaits are my bread and butter. Am I best off just keeping my 1016 spools? I'm just looking for some straight forward answers. For weightless plastics which spool? How about mid weight Hardbaits? Not trying to twist the thread, just add a little real life clarity.
i don't have anymore T3 platforms anymore, only steez and tdz platforms now.

if you just casting i would stick to my RCS1016 and RCS1012 spools as not much control is needed with these spools.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:11 am

I thought that was one of the big perks about the SV spools. Little thumb control needed.

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by cndbasshunter » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:22 am

Hogsticker2 wrote:I thought that was one of the big perks about the SV spools. Little thumb control needed.
The RCS1016 requires almost no thumb already. It casts further than the SV spool to me, maybe i need to break in the SV spools more.

njbasscat
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by njbasscat » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:38 am

E73Bass wrote:I am gonna show a video....this weekend of how the 103 SV Ltd, and SS SV spins freely in the Steez and NOT in the TD-Z's.

And then show a video of my 105SV (orange) spinning freely in both Steez and TD-Z.

It is my impression that the Black SV spools are made for the Steez's and SS SV only.

The Orange SV spools work well in all reels they are intended to work for.

I am not gonna take the RCS1000 SV spool out of my T3 to mix into this discussion.

Lastly Daiwa needs a SV spool for the Zillion/Fuego platform.
I was wondering if the T3 and the SV 1000 shallow spool were having the same issues.

E73Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by E73Bass » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:12 am

Nope they were made for each other that is why there is a T3 SV. It comes stock with RCS1000

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:58 am

Is it just an optical illusion, or is the spool shaft on the top spool in the first pic slightly longer? I see that the rotor is longer-but even past there, the shaft still looks longer. If it is, then that would cause it to rub on the frame at the handle side, right? It would also make the c.c. cap tighten down much quicker than on a stock spool. In the reels where the spool is binding, is there any evidence of rubbing on the outer edge of the spool or the frame? Or maybe evidence of the rotor rubbing in the magnetic gap?

E73Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by E73Bass » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:28 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:Is it just an optical illusion, or is the spool shaft on the top spool in the first pic slightly longer? I see that the rotor is longer-but even past there, the shaft still looks longer. If it is, then that would cause it to rub on the frame at the handle side, right? It would also make the c.c. cap tighten down much quicker than on a stock spool. In the reels where the spool is binding, is there any evidence of rubbing on the outer edge of the spool or the frame? Or maybe evidence of the rotor rubbing in the magnetic gap?

Yes the shaft extends past the inductor further on the top one---RCS1000 Deep Spool because the inductor is shorter then the 2 black inductors. But the shaft it self is same length as the other 2.

Nevrsumma
Angler
Angler

Post by Nevrsumma » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:31 am

This is all fantastic information. But, to the point of my original post...Are any of you SV spool owners experiencing the issue of the inductor getting stuck in the outward position when opening the side plate up after a day of casting? My spools that I am experiencing these issues with are all in their stock/intended reels. While all the debate over what platforms this spool will work best in in very interesting, The question of whether or not these spools are produced defective and work as they are intended to work, I believe is the real question.

njbasscat
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by njbasscat » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:53 am

Nevrsumma wrote:This is all fantastic information. But, to the point of my original post...Are any of you SV spool owners experiencing the issue of the inductor getting stuck in the outward position when opening the side plate up after a day of casting? My spools that I am experiencing these issues with are all in their stock/intended reels. While all the debate over what platforms this spool will work best in in very interesting, The question of whether or not these spools are produced defective and work as they are intended to work, I believe is the real question.
I have 3 SV 105's that are all in Steez 103's and have not had the issue yet. I've been checking and all is good.

E73Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by E73Bass » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:13 pm

Nevrsumma wrote:This is all fantastic information. But, to the point of my original post...Are any of you SV spool owners experiencing the issue of the inductor getting stuck in the outward position when opening the side plate up after a day of casting? My spools that I am experiencing these issues with are all in their stock/intended reels. While all the debate over what platforms this spool will work best in in very interesting, The question of whether or not these spools are produced defective and work as they are intended to work, I believe is the real question.

Of the 5 SV spools i have....the only one that has stuck is the SS SV inductor and that has been on 2 different TD-Z 103H. Never stuck on my Steez. Tried it on a TD-Z 103M Ito this weekend and it never stuck...but I saw no benefit of it...my cast distance was reduced by 20 yds as compared to the Stock Ito spool.

BARRAMANIAC
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BARRAMANIAC » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:52 pm

I have the sv105 orange spool and the black/gunmetal ss sv 103 spool and both of them have stuck in the full out position but haven't really noticed a difference in performance when it happens as I haven't realized until taking the sideplate off to relube bearings between trips. I have put a stronger spring in one of them and it hasn't stuck since and performance is still great.
But others are saying for casting distance I find the 1016 spools better for 1/2 ounce and up and have plenty of control. The sv spools shine with lower weights when casting and for short accurate casts eg when working mangrove edges from a drifting boat. It is easy to dial in more break for short fast casts. Sv spools do handle heavier weight but the 1016 spools do it better.

Nevrsumma
Angler
Angler

Post by Nevrsumma » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:02 am

BARRAMANIAC wrote:I have the sv105 orange spool and the black/gunmetal ss sv 103 spool and both of them have stuck in the full out position but haven't really noticed a difference in performance when it happens as I haven't realized until taking the sideplate off to relube bearings between trips. I have put a stronger spring in one of them and it hasn't stuck since and performance is still great.
But others are saying for casting distance I find the 1016 spools better for 1/2 ounce and up and have plenty of control. The sv spools shine with lower weights when casting and for short accurate casts eg when working mangrove edges from a drifting boat. It is easy to dial in more break for short fast casts. Sv spools do handle heavier weight but the 1016 spools do it better.
If you don't mind me asking, where did you get the stronger spring you are using? From another inductor? or somewhere else?.
Thank you!

BARRAMANIAC
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BARRAMANIAC » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:08 am

I got the spring elsewhere. I have a small kit of various size springs . Just find one the right diameter and cut to length with side cutters. Spring kits are available from hardware/tool/industrial supply shops