SV Spool Inductor

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
martinbass
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Re: SV Spool Inductor

Post by martinbass » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:36 pm

Any updates on this topic? I recently bought a ss sv and on my first day of fishing the inductor got stuck. thank you very much!

africanbass
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by africanbass » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:45 am

Yeah,also surprises me that there are relatively few complaints
Use them a lot with the occasional sticky moment :lol:
They must be that good,that nobody actually b#tches!
Happiness is a sore thumb

martinbass
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by martinbass » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:11 pm

It is strange that there are no more users with problems, it is noticed quickly when the inductor is locked since the distance is reduced drastically. My question is whether changing the spring or supplementing the plastic part gives a better result. Thank you for your experiences in this regard.

Nicky
Angler
Angler

Post by Nicky » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:23 pm

Most people don't realize their inductor is stuck.
out of 4 sv spools,, I have one that is stuck .
Freeing it and casting again renders it stuck in the locked position.
One of these days I'll have to try the fix with the plastic

Nicky
Angler
Angler

Post by Nicky » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:25 pm

I just have been using that spool for close quarters ,short casting.
Since its a fixed inductor now LOL

QUAKEnSHAKE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by QUAKEnSHAKE » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:42 pm

Nicky wrote:Most people don't realize their inductor is stuck.
out of 4 sv spools,, I have one that is stuck .
Freeing it and casting again renders it stuck in the locked position.
One of these days I'll have to try the fix with the plastic
I purchased this stronger spring but wont know if it alone would have fixed the issue. Something to try first though then fill the gap if it doesnt work.
http://japantackle.com/tuning-parts/spo ... 01003.html

Nicky
Angler
Angler

Post by Nicky » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:28 am

Interesting
When you try it on an sv spool with stuck inductor let us know your findings.

Thanks

QUAKEnSHAKE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by QUAKEnSHAKE » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:21 am

I already filled the gap with epoxy/plastic piece before I had the stronger spring. So like I mentioned wont be able to know if spring alone would have fixed the issue.

Nicky
Angler
Angler

Post by Nicky » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:42 am

ok thanks

martinbass
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by martinbass » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:40 pm

thanks for the info!

kolp
Angler
Angler

Post by kolp » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:39 pm

Hey guys just this is how I fixed the stuck rotor issue on my Alphas SV. I pretty much followed this tutorial http://kenken-020412.blogspot.com.au/20 ... edy_3.html however rather than gluing a thin piece of plastic onto the rotor guide I used Starbrite liquid electrical tape http://www.starbrite.com/category/liqui ... rical-tape

This serves to fill the gap between the rotor guide and spool shaft but with the added benefit of not having to permanently glue some plastic onto your spool or use epoxy to permanently fill the gap. Starbrite can be easily peeled off if required so if you put too much on or want to return your spool to its original state you can.

Basically you just paint on a few coats of Starbrite onto the top section of the rotor guide - the part where the angled chamfers are. Avoid painting it on the lower section where the spool shaft sits; your aim is only to fill the gap between the the rotor guide and spool shaft. I did about 4-5 coats allowing drying time between coats and leaving it for a few days after the final coat (Starbrite shrinks slightly when it dries out.)

This is an easy and effective fix, the hardest part is getting the c-clip back on! ](*,)
Enjoy your SV Spool in all its glory!
IMG_4762(1).JPG
IMG_4762(1).JPG (22.38 KiB) Viewed 6486 times

jvelth74
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by jvelth74 » Mon May 27, 2019 1:58 pm

I bought ct 70 Alphas and it's not working at all with light weights. (With heavy weights it has speed and time to work.) I know that it should work with also with light weights because I have read that some people casts decent distances with light weight. I have also cast twice decently when sv brake occasionally worked.

First try was that nothing works. I opened reel and found that inductor is sticky. (it jammed in maybe 90% of casts and with those 10% when it moved out, it jammed out of 90% of casts.) I took inductor apart and then put it together and found it was not anymore that sticky. I tried casting again but still it was not working. I took inductor apart again and cleaned sliding surfaces of inductor and found that there was some dirt. I lightly oiled those sliding surfaces and put it again together. But now I'm thinking that should this inductor really need to be oiled? Because oil can become sticky and it can get dirt. Oil or not?

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Mon May 27, 2019 4:04 pm

I'm surprised at that. There's definitely something off... Does it not have the new white ramp attached to the spool?
This is the way.

jvelth74
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by jvelth74 » Tue May 28, 2019 1:16 am

Yes, it works mechanically OK. Twisting pushes inductor out and twisting stops as it should. But inductor wasn’t twisting / moving smoothly.

After ~100 casts I was pretty sure that with short 10 – 20 m casts in most cases inductor didn’t move out as it should. and if inductor was moving then in most cases it stuck out.

But now I have cleaned and lightly oiled moving parts of inductor. I took one hour to get cotter joint back and because of that I didn’t have time to test reel yesterday after cleanup.

I’m thinking this reel might have been demonstrator and dirt in inductor might be result from that.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Tue May 28, 2019 5:03 am

Perhaps you can blow the excess oil out with canned air. A small amount won't hurt anything. There shouldn't be any dirt getting in there to mix with the oil.
This is the way.