Anybody konw if Curado i will be made in 300 size?

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
tH3_Guy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Anybody konw if Curado i will be made in 300 size?

Post by tH3_Guy » Sun May 11, 2014 3:58 am

I need a low profile reel in 300 size and did not wan to get E series if they gonna come out with i series....

John Puckett
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Anybody konw if Curado i will be made in 300 size?

Post by John Puckett » Sun May 11, 2014 5:45 am

I'm also interested to see if they finally give the 300 series a refresh. It's due, it has been around a good while now in it's present form. I'm not so sure though that this particular reel doesn't fall under the "if it isn't broke don't fix it" rule.

I've had a 301E for a couple of years now that I use mainly for umbrella rigs and swimbaits. It has been absolutely fantastic for these techniques, it has plenty of cranking power, drag, and casting range. The stock bearings come packed full of grease, as is the norm for Shimano, but are very good performing bearings after a thorough cleaning. The reel feels very strong/tough/solid, well built I guess would be the best description.

I've not heard any rumors of this reel getting a new design but that certainly doesn't mean it isn't. That is after all Shimano's goal when they are going to release a new reel, for it to be a surprise. I don't think you would be disappointed in the least if you went ahead and picked up a 300E, they are very good reels.

Afrayedknot
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Afrayedknot » Sun May 11, 2014 5:49 am

I'd rather see a 50i than a 300i.. I'm sure others can relate. :lol:

tH3_Guy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by tH3_Guy » Sun May 11, 2014 8:14 am

300e are good, but i like the looks and color, features of the i much better.

John Puckett
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by John Puckett » Sun May 11, 2014 12:50 pm

Fair enough. We'll just have to wait and see.