Daiwa Tatula Issue?

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
SB_NEWBIE
Angler
Angler

Daiwa Tatula Issue?

Post by SB_NEWBIE » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:54 am

Looks like another thread has started. I'll let that one take over.
Last edited by SB_NEWBIE on Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

jpd0144
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Daiwa Tatula Issue?

Post by jpd0144 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:02 am

EDIT :

Just going to sit back and see how this unfolds...
Last edited by jpd0144 on Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

lape0019
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by lape0019 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:11 am

I am thinking the same thing. I can't see the t -wing grooving off of fluorocarbon. Can you actually feel the grooves or is it
Just black marks caused by friction?

Marcos82
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Marcos82 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:30 am

Fluorcarbon or not... This is not good. Today a lot of people use braid and although someone use braid and a fast action rod, reels should be able to handle it. This is the first negative point about the Tatula... Would like to hear about other people using braid and the Tatula...

boris317
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by boris317 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:47 am

The most recent "review" for the tatula on TW claims they have grooving on the TWS.

Bronzeye
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Bronzeye » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:12 am

Could just be that one reviewer is trying to do a hatchet job on Daiwa. Multiple reviewers on that same TW page claim to have used the reel considerably more than that person and say nothing about grooving. I'll start worrying about it if and when some respected member of this forum reports grooving on his Tatula. (Please note that the pictures posted on TackleTour in another thread were merely copied from some unspecified Facebook post, and not the TT poster's own pictures.)

treadwellpat
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by treadwellpat » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:06 pm

Totally agree with you Bronzeye

boris317
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by boris317 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:19 pm

Bronzeye wrote:Could just be that one reviewer is trying to do a hatchet job on Daiwa. Multiple reviewers on that same TW page claim to have used the reel considerably more than that person and say nothing about grooving. I'll start worrying about it if and when some respected member of this forum reports grooving on his Tatula. (Please note that the pictures posted on TackleTour in another thread were merely copied from some unspecified Facebook post, and not the TT poster's own pictures.)
Oh I agree. Something seems a bit off here.

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by M Perry » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:46 am

As I said in the other thread on this.

I am leaning towards BS, Chances are its a competing pro staffer or someone with an association with a different company trying to stir controversy. It is far too easy to contact Daiwa if you had that serious an issue and get it resolved. Their CS is second to none. It just does not add up at all. I have put all my Tatulas through their paces and have yet to have any issue and I fish 3-5 days a week usually. All I have learned is that I want a few more.
As for the TW reviews same deal, most of those are setup reviews that companies ask their staffers to do. Those same staffer will bad mouth the competition. its sad really and what should be a great tool ends up being so incredibly biased it loses its merit. Read through some of the reviews on say a certain category squarebill or a frog and some of those staffers are too dense to even try and change their names. They write the same bash for everything except what they rep.
Anytime the best thing a staffer has to say about their own product is bashing the competition you should run away and put zero credibility in anything else they say. Sell your stuff on its own merits.
Daiwa hit a home run with the Tatula and I know the retailers I frequent all say the same thing. Brisk sales numbers and no returns of bad reels. I may be biased but I ain't blind or dumb either. For $150-200 the reel shines in that category.

Daiwa
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Daiwa » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:29 am

So far we have not seen a single reel sent in to Daiwa factory with a groove issue on the TWS. We have sold thousands of these reels. Our Pro Staff Ish Monroe and others that fish three circuits has not reported a single problem. Our reels are warranty for one year and we would take care of any problem with the reel. Thank You.

treadwellpat
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by treadwellpat » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:37 am

Thanks Daiwa

Afrayedknot
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Afrayedknot » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:17 am

boris317 wrote:
Bronzeye wrote:Could just be that one reviewer is trying to do a hatchet job on Daiwa. Multiple reviewers on that same TW page claim to have used the reel considerably more than that person and say nothing about grooving. I'll start worrying about it if and when some respected member of this forum reports grooving on his Tatula. (Please note that the pictures posted on TackleTour in another thread were merely copied from some unspecified Facebook post, and not the TT poster's own pictures.)
Oh I agree. Something seems a bit off here.
Sounds to me like one person did something stupid with his reel, and spammed about his grooving issue everywhere possible. He probably was using a wire leader or some other ridiculous thing. The pictures don't even show any grooving anyway. Just a black spot, which, like others have said, could have just been residue.

teejax
Angler
Angler

Post by teejax » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:32 pm

I also have a tatula. And I don't know is it an issue or not or whatever, but yesterday when i was trying to cast farther a 3/8oz. plastic eel, after i released the spool i heard something like when the line breaks. When i looked down, i've seen that the handle is turning backward very fast. After the handle stopped and i started to reel back the line, i was hearing some crushing sound from the gearbox at the same point in every turn. I'm new to baitcasters, this is my first reel. Has anyone experienced something like this?

africanbass
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by africanbass » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:53 pm

"And I don't know is it an issue or not or whatever"
Nice first post,pull the other one :lol:

Afrayedknot
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Afrayedknot » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:35 pm

teejax wrote:I also have a tatula. And I don't know is it an issue or not or whatever, but yesterday when i was trying to cast farther a 3/8oz. plastic eel, after i released the spool i heard something like when the line breaks. When i looked down, i've seen that the handle is turning backward very fast. After the handle stopped and i started to reel back the line, i was hearing some crushing sound from the gearbox at the same point in every turn. I'm new to baitcasters, this is my first reel. Has anyone experienced something like this?
Probably didn't push the button down all the way.. Your main gear is probably stripped too.