Protecting reels from boat rash?

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
mhood
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Protecting reels from boat rash?

Post by mhood » Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:12 am

USA-RET wrote:
raul wrote:Raul been doin´that for more than 3 decades and most of Raul´s reels look like out of the box. :whistle:

Raul is a very wise man. =D>
It is good to see Raul posting. It has been a while my friend.

pobigred
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by pobigred » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:04 pm

USA-RET wrote:
raul wrote:I don´t fish tounaments, but I do carry a bunch of rods, Raul goes around his everyday lake with his TM slowly moving from one place to another, Raul grabs a rod rigged with a spinnerbait, makes several casts with that rod and as he moves along comes that brush Raul likes to flip a bait to, grabs a reel cover and covers the reel he´s been using to fish the spinnerbait, puts the rig down, grabs the flippin´rig, removes the reel cover, makes 2-3 flips to the brush, places the reel cover on the reel he just used to flip, puts the rig down, now grabs a crankbait rig and .........

Raul been doin´that for more than 3 decades and most of Raul´s reels look like out of the box. :whistle:

Raul is a very wise man. =D>
I agree - I got it. Thanks.

E73Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by E73Bass » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:46 am

Covered in this forum under 13 fishing reels.....reel protection was mentioned on last page (as of today).
See: http://forums.tackletour.com/viewtopic. ... reel+skins