Daiwa millionaire 1000mm

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
sofinesse
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Daiwa millionaire 1000mm

Post by sofinesse » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:25 am

Hey TT,
Does anybody have any info regarding this reel? I have recently gained interested in using old round reels and pistol grips for topwater/crankbaits and bought this reel in hopes of using it for that. I bought one of that auction website just because it looked like a fun small reel and the price was right. With the reel in hand it seems to be more suited for trolling light line for trout/kokanee. What I can say about it, is that it has a plastic spool, looks to have 2 bushings, it may be able to cast a 1/2 oz plug working distance but anything lighter would be a challenge. also would like to know if this particular reel shares bits with other old millionaires. it looks like mine will need a new anti reverse dog. Thanks in advance.

stan