New Stella- Need Help....

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
BassMan33
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: New Stella- Need Help....

Post by BassMan33 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:25 am

Bryin wrote:I just returned home from a business trip and the replacement Stella was waiting for me. It is no better than the first one... You can feel slight ticks as you turn the handle and it does not spin as freely as my Stradics (Fi or Ci)... especailly with the anti reverse engaged. It is clear as day when the reels are compared side by side...
:crying: Two bad Stella's :crying:

jeb
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by jeb » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:02 am

Bryin wrote:I just returned home from a business trip and the replacement Stella was waiting for me. It is no better than the first one... You can feel slight ticks as you turn the handle and it does not spin as freely as my Stradics (Fi or Ci)... especailly with the anti reverse engaged. It is clear as day when the reels are compared side by side...
Wow, what a bummer. My 2 2500's (FE and FD) had none of that. Sounds like it's time to get a refund and go a different direction.

Lexy 123
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Lexy 123 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:30 am

MondayMonkey wrote:
Considering how many people probably buy highend fishing gear from Cabelas ( i know of none ) those stellas have probably been sitting in their warehouse since their debut in 2010. This could be especially true if it's a 1000 size. Not many people would spend $700 on a trout reel. At least not people who shop at Cabelas. Take the spool off check the condition of the grease/oil. Return it for cash and buy from TW or somewhere that specializes in highend equipment.

I also wouldn't put it past them to send the exact same one back to you lol. I've seen it before.
x2
I would just return the reel back to Cabela and order one from TackleWarehouse or TackleDirect.

Shru
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Shru » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:32 pm

My own experiences with Shimano have been top notch, I bought a 500 symetre FL off of Ebay, it developed a glitch soon after i
bought it, I contacted the seller, he told me that they are on back order and if i did not mind, Contact Shimano and work with them.
I didn't mind doing the work myself since i do have a Vanquish 1000s as my main reel anyways, So i get ahold of Shimano and
send the reel to them, few days after i know it's there, I called them up and talked to a very nice young guy who answered all my
questions, He told me that if anything they will send me a new reel but it might be another month because of backorders, Of course i was fine with that, 2 weeks later i recieved a new reel from Shimano...
Now this was for a 92.00 reel, and they treated me like i bought a Stella, I am very happy with the way shimano treated me, Sure i had to be a bit patient, but hell i didn't care, this reel is just a mess around reel.
Your problem was with the store, Like others have said, most people are not buying 700.00 reels from Cabelas or even BP, they are ordering them, those reels could have been sitting for a very long time. If your car sits in the driveway for a year or longer, do you honestly think it will start up just like it did when you first bought it?
I wish you luck with what you decide to buy, but for me at least with my own experience with Shimano, I won't hesitate from buying one of their reels.

mbg60
Angler
Angler

Post by mbg60 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:29 am

Wow. The OP best not go to Vegas. I have used Stella Reels since they were first released, F series - even the original Sustain - and have had FA's, FB's, FD's, FE, SW, and SWB. I did have one loose line roller screw on a 20000 FA right out of the box. And the SW's had to have the ceramic line roller changed on the early production models. Shimano took care of ALL of these "issues" at no cost and ALWAYS within one weeks time or less. The Customer Service has always been top notch as has been the service department. The OP must be one unlucky person to have TWO "flawed" Stella's back to back.
Cabela's Customer Service has always been top notched too. Could you possibly be approaching this with a negative attitude?