Reel ID

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
cohoclyde
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Reel ID

Post by cohoclyde » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:21 am

Trying to ID a reel I have in for repair. Large (about 9/0 size), level wind, lever drag, 2 position crank with no counterbalance. Only name on reel is Pro Angler on left side plate with smaller letters JUL to left. Anyone have an idea? Needs a levelwind pawl and worm. I can send pics

yogidozer1
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Reel ID

Post by yogidozer1 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:37 am

cohoclyde
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by cohoclyde » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:44 pm

Thanks for your response yogidozer1. Couldn't find reels on that site just rods and line and tackle. A fellow from Australia told me that Pro Angler was a manufacturer in Taiwan and that the reel I have was probably a copy of a major brand made for an outfit like Cabela's or Bass Pro to sell under their name. But all I turn up under Pro Angler is the site you mentioned. Somebody, somewhere knows what I need to know so I'll just keep pluggin'!

Gabriel
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Gabriel » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:50 am

If you post a picture someone could probably help you out a little better.