Shimano Symetre

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
bassbandit
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Shimano Symetre

Post by bassbandit » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:20 pm

I haven't been able to handle the new Symtere and am curious about the color. On some of the pics I have seen, it appears black like the body of the Stradic CI4 but some others seem to show it with a slight greenish cast.

Anyone?
Last edited by bassbandit on Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ogrich31
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Shimano Symetre

Post by ogrich31 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:33 pm

It's the same color of the Curado G, but you can only see the green color at certain angles. Iirc, it looks more like a black/Grey color with a very light tint of green. If you want, I can take a pic of my 1000 size one when I get home from work. Just let me know.

tracker01
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by tracker01 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:24 am

ogrich31 wrote:It's the same color of the Curado G, but you can only see the green color at certain angles. Iirc, it looks more like a black/Grey color with a very light tint of green. If you want, I can take a pic of my 1000 size one when I get home from work. Just let me know.
I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a new 2500 Symetre, can I as for your comments on your 1000 ? I use mainly 8 pd. test line, that is why I am going with the 2500.
Thanks.
Last edited by tracker01 on Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ogrich31
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ogrich31 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:22 pm

tracker01 wrote:
ogrich31 wrote:It's the same color of the Curado G, but you can only see the green color at certain angles. Iirc, it looks more like a black/Grey color with a very light tint of green. If you want, I can take a pic of my 1000 size one when I get home from work. Just let me know.
I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a new 2500 Symetre, can I as for your comments on your 1000 ? I use mainly 8 pd. test line, that is why I am going with the 2500.
Thanks.
The reel is a very good reel for the price. The main reason I picked it up was because of its lighter weight. It is smooth, powerful, and drag comes out smooth. I can compare to some of the other reels I've used. This reel compares closely to the strafic fj, just not as smooth though. Imo, more powerful than the Patriarch XT, but the Patriarch is a much more refined reel (a lot smoother, feels better connected, ect). This is just my initial thoughts on it. I haven't opened the reel to clean and regrease/oil it yet.

This is all comparing the same size reels.

muskyhunter
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by muskyhunter » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:41 pm

I'd look at a old saros f or the newer saros fa. Best bang for the buck.