question for STEEZ EX100

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
crowl2005
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

question for STEEZ EX100

Post by crowl2005 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:55 pm

hey,guys :lol:

I want to ask the owner of new steez ex:

what is the material of main gear?

is it still using the Aluminum alloy?

if yes, I think I prefer to buy the px type-R.(Brass gear)

because last time my old steez's gear is broken when I catch a pike by mistake. :shock:

I live in sweden,so the main target fish is perch,sometimes pike will also try to bite my lure ╮(╯_╰)╭.

so I think the brass gear's strengh could be better than aluminum alloy

thank you guys for help :big grin:

GARRIGA
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: question for STEEZ EX100

Post by GARRIGA » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:55 pm

Buck2Perch opened his up and saw aluminum. Not many changes there but I still like mine over the Pixy purely due to line capacity issues. May not be a concern for you and the Pixy is one very nice reel. Should I ever feel the need to throw 10# braid I'll get another.

BTW, I've read that the MegaBass Steez had brass gears and something I'm researching as a future upgrade and a possible best of both worlds option for you.

crowl2005
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Re: question for STEEZ EX100

Post by crowl2005 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:50 pm

GARRIGA wrote:Buck2Perch opened his up and saw aluminum. Not many changes there but I still like mine over the Pixy purely due to line capacity issues. May not be a concern for you and the Pixy is one very nice reel. Should I ever feel the need to throw 10# braid I'll get another.

BTW, I've read that the MegaBass Steez had brass gears and something I'm researching as a future upgrade and a possible best of both worlds option for you.
GARRIGA,thank you for information! :lol:

waiting for your researching! =D>