Bass Pro Spinning reels with large arbor for fluorcarbon

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Ceasar
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Bass Pro Spinning reels with large arbor for fluorcarbon

Post by Ceasar » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:16 pm

Thinking about buying the large arbor BPS spinning reels to fish with fluorocarbon. I think the large arbor will help with fluorocarbon manageability. They come in four models: Extreme, Johnny Morris CarbonLite (this is my favorite), Pro Qualifier and Johnny Morris Signature Series. I'm really afraid using Fluorocarbon, but I love wacking rig and a fluorcarbon will help a lot. Thanks!

Canga-
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Bass Pro Spinning reels with large arbor for fluorcarbon

Post by Canga- » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:40 pm

i have only handled the BPS reels in store, and was not impressed (not the carbonlite though, didnt handle that one in my only trip to bps this year). they were reasonably smooth, but a little on the heavy side, im sure they are decent enough reels just not for me.

in the same vein, however, i do own a Pflueger Arbor 7430. ive had this reel for 2 years now and it has been flawless, still smooth, good drag, not a super lightweight, but its not overly heavy, either. i think its a better reel than the bps models, and has held up great for me, at about $75 its a good deal, too!

Ceasar
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Bass Pro Spinning reels with large arbor for fluorcarbon

Post by Ceasar » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:25 pm

Canga- wrote:... i do own a Pflueger Arbor 7430...about $75 its a good deal, too!
Thanks for your help... I didn't know about this Pflueger model, I'm sure it's beter than BPS model. Thanks for your time !!