Lews tournament pro or shimano curado ??

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
JJf3
Angler
Angler

Lews tournament pro or shimano curado ??

Post by JJf3 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:50 pm

which should i choose the lews tournament pro or a shimano curado ?? which one would you choose and why ?

set_da_hook
Angler
Angler

Re: Lews tournament pro or shimano curado ??

Post by set_da_hook » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:07 pm

Tourney Pro! Amazing reel, smooth as butter and casts a mile. Durability wise they are awesome! I fish mine in the bays here in San Diego and they have held up better than my Curados. They make the shimanos feel like crap.

mprestonSEK
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by mprestonSEK » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:31 pm

Go with the Tournament Pro. It weighs less, looks better, casts wide range of lure weights flawlessly, and is smooth and quiet on casting and retrieving.

Native
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Native » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:10 pm

mprestonSEK wrote:Go with the Tournament Pro. It weighs less, looks better, casts wide range of lure weights flawlessly, and is smooth and quiet on casting and retrieving.

x2 without question the better of the two. Now if you were comparing the Chronarch "E" series or the older Curado "E" series reels then you'd have to nit-pick the reels to make that decision and I still think I'd say take the TP. They are flat sick in the hand and even nicer on the cast and retrieve. They use a very fine high performance lube on the reels and they really sing on the cast. You won't regret it.

Big Al
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Big Al » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:27 am

Wow, a reel that has only been out for a yr and a half better than a 20 +yr proven reel. That's something. The Lew's are built by the same manufacturer as Abu Garcia. I've owned the TP, more expensive Team Lew's and Revo Premiers. They are all fine reels, but I keep going back to Shimano especially the Curado. The dual brake system on the Lew's/Revos have many adjustments but for me I find Shimano's proven brake system is the best. A lot of guys are liking the Lew's as above do, so I'd say try both and see for yourself.

muskyhunter
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by muskyhunter » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:08 am

i have a chronarch and tourny pro and i suggest the tourny pro.

it's lighter and has a much better casting system.

Fishing4Fun
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Fishing4Fun » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:11 pm

Both are great reels but I prefer the shimano line over the Lews. As noted above the centrifugal brake system shimano uses is very east to adjust and just plain works without any fuss.

set_da_hook
Angler
Angler

Post by set_da_hook » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:39 pm

Fishing4Fun wrote:Both are great reels but I prefer the shimano line over the Lews. As noted above the centrifugal brake system shimano uses is very east to adjust and just plain works without any fuss.
I have found the Lews dual braking to be much better than than the centrifugal alone. I set the centrifugal on my lews with two brakes on and then adjust the mag system as needed for wind/weights of the baits I am throwing. Another thing I like is it is much quicker to adjust and you can do so without even having to look at what you are doing. Everyone will have a favorite system though so. It's important for the OP to find his favorite and then that will be the best system.