LEXA - Knobs riveted?

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

LEXA - Knobs riveted?

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:24 pm

For all you Lexa owners, and I saw at least one person has acquired a 100 - are the handle knobs removable? I think the reel would look super nice with some cork knobs!

BARRAMANIAC
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: LEXA - Knobs riveted?

Post by BARRAMANIAC » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:11 pm

not on the 300 size they are bearing supported with one bearing under each knob plus a bushing so could have two bearings under each knob if desired.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:53 am

BARRAMANIAC wrote:not on the 300 size they are bearing supported with one bearing under each knob plus a bushing so could have two bearings under each knob if desired.
Maybe I'm confused, but if you can't take the handle knobs off, how could you add an additional bearing?

africanbass
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by africanbass » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:35 am

Hogsticker2 wrote:
BARRAMANIAC wrote:not on the 300 size they are bearing supported with one bearing under each knob plus a bushing so could have two bearings under each knob if desired.
Maybe I'm confused, but if you can't take the handle knobs off, how could you add an additional bearing?
Knobs riveted ? .........Not on the 300 :lol:

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:27 am

Wow, I'm really confused. So can you remove the freakin knobs or not

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Teal101 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:34 am

Hogsticker2 wrote:Wow, I'm really confused. So can you remove the freakin knobs or not
The knobs are not riveted and are removable on the 300 size. :roll: :lol:

Buck2thPerch
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Buck2thPerch » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:36 am

If this is the case with the Lexa 300s, the Lexa 100s should be the same. Both 300 and 100 have the same bearing count. The only issue would be if the 300 has different areas supported with bearings since it is bigger vs the 100.

Toadslayer72
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Toadslayer72 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:23 am

Speaking of cork knobs, and I haven't done this since the Alphas Ito came out so keep that in mind, where are people buying that stuff these days? I wouldn't mind some cork and to replace the bushings with bearings for my 300, if available. Sorry to jack your thread BTW.

Buck2thPerch
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Buck2thPerch » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:43 pm

Daiwa Original full Cork Knobs are very hard to come by these days and highly sought after versus RCS Cork Knobs. In the long run one would think the RCS Cork Knobs would last longer due to the clear plastic outer layer. However, nothing feels more natural than reel cork knobs. As much as I think the cork knobs woulld look great on the Lexa 300, I cannot justify such a powerful huge reel to have tiny daiwa type "S" cork knobs.

BARRAMANIAC
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BARRAMANIAC » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:13 pm

If you look at the earlier post about the lexa I posted some.pictures of the internals. Bearings a located as such. One either side of the spool. One either end of the drive shaft. One under each knob. The pinion is supported by the nylon clutch assembly plus a one way bearing and extra anti reverse pawl. There is a nylon bushing under the cast control cap. I suspect the 100 sizes to be set up the same