Reel Shock! All my enthusiast gear outcasted by Inshore?

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Mcyl
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Reel Shock! All my enthusiast gear outcasted by Inshore?

Post by Mcyl » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:48 pm

phiten wrote:The inshore pitching centrifugal casts really well for 3/8oz and above. Consider the price of my ebay bid at 150usd, to my door, this reel is worth every cent and place in my salty missions. The only down side is the asthetics. Upon scrutiny these korean made reels is noticebly not as refined as the JDMs. All boils down to $$$$$$$$$.
Its cousin, winch is the same out of the box. But cranks smoother in my opinion, not sure if the additional few bearings made the buttery feel or the lower ratio. Or was it the stainless shaft of the inshore making things slightly less refined.
I checked the gearing and other gaps with gauges... the tolerances are excellent... The only thing I disklike about my inshores are the paintjob... thinking of using a light etching paint so as to not remove the corrosion protection but I would love to paint mine.

phiten
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by phiten » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:01 pm

felt no love for my inshore...
well built, painted lousily.
think it would have been even better with a swept star and handle.

Mcyl
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Mcyl » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:20 pm

phiten wrote:felt no love for my inshore...
well built, painted lousily.
think it would have been even better with a swept star and handle.
Agree about the paint. Colour scheme doesn't look that great. I'll repair mine l8r

Snyder Rods
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Snyder Rods » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:09 pm

Reeltor wrote:Keep in mind the Revo inshore has a larger spool than the Conquest 50, Core 50 and alpha Ito. Which translates into more line out per revolution. On the smaller spools the diameter of the line decreases more rapidly on a cast.
- This is what I was thinking. Unless the inshore reel has a totally different braking system.

Mcyl
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Mcyl » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:41 pm

It has a pitch centrifugal system. Spring loaded brakes so braking is only applied at high revs.
3 of them 3 normal. I like them.