TICA KJ gold/blue

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
overdose
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

TICA KJ gold/blue

Post by overdose » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:36 am

has anyone used this reel before? it looks and sounds to be a decent performer... 7.7 oz and schematics looks to be pleasing ;) they come in blue and gold, left and right hand retrieve... don't know what style breaking system they use :( if anyone has pulled the trigger, please let me know what you think :big grin:

http://www.ticaamerica.com/product_deta ... 4&catid=14

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: TICA KJ gold/blue

Post by Teal101 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:47 am

I've handled some mid grade Tica's and they seem to be of solid build. They were pretty smooth as well. Not sure how durable they are. I didnt check out the braking system.

Carlos Carrapiço
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Carlos Carrapiço » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:47 am

In terms of construction, it looks like a daiwa reel with centrifugal brakes and long shaft spool. :-k Nothing wrong there :big grin:
It looks like it has a pinion gear supported by bearings just like all daiwa higher end reels. =D>

Schematics:
http://www.ticaamerica.com/Upload/Docum ... 150051.pdf

ecu daniel 14
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by ecu daniel 14 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:32 am

its a Sol!!!!!!!!

jk, looks interesting thats for sure. Give it a try and write a review for us plz.

overdose
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by overdose » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:44 am

ecu daniel 14 wrote:its a Sol!!!!!!!!

jk, looks interesting thats for sure. Give it a try and write a review for us plz.
My thoughts exactly! it reminded me of the discontinued daiwa sol. we'll see if i end up picking one up ;)