Buy Pflueger Patriarch or Shimano Sustain Spinning Reels FG

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
basscattrent
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Buy Pflueger Patriarch or Shimano Sustain Spinning Reels

Post by basscattrent » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:40 pm

The :big grin: Pfluegur Partriarch only weighs \:D/ 6.3 oz and looks pretty sweet with my NRX Blue Spinning rods. For the price it can not be beat I believe. I would rather have the lighter of the two reels in my hand and it is more than smooth enough for me. If the shimano was lighter than I might go with it but for now I am putting =D> Pfluegur Partriarchs =D> on all of my spinning rods.

Mcyl
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Mcyl » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:42 am

Pure fishing Australia has a patriarch xtr rod, 36ton xf blanks with fuji ti framed SiC guides. Matches very well.
I find it hard to discern smoothness btw the sustain and the patriarch. I too love how light and rigid the patriarchs are. Have to admit though the sustain looks better and closer tolerances. Reels from Sweden, Japan and Korea have much better tolerances compared to the rest.

QUAKEnSHAKE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by QUAKEnSHAKE » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:38 pm

basscattrent wrote:The :big grin: Pfluegur Partriarch only weighs \:D/ 6.3 oz .

The balance point will be 3/4"-7/8" in front of Elite foregrip-- just some info