Daiwa reel price

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
tH3_Guy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Daiwa reel price

Post by tH3_Guy » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:47 pm

Anybody notice price just keeps going up and up and up or is it just tackle warehouse?

Example: crazy cranker 270 at time of costal review ( 300)

Cc still 270
Coastal now 330
Type R was 400 at time of review 4-17-11 now its 440

Was eyeing it lately past few weeks when it was 430.

If was exhange rate type r rate is sure higher
While the cc has not moved last few years.

Closest thing to shimano line up going up is moving curado to chronarch name. Maybe more but just more subtle that i have not notice it.....

If it keeps up at this rate im moving part of my 401k to daiwa reels higher return rate then bonds :lol:

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Daiwa reel price

Post by dragon1 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:33 pm

tH3_Guy wrote:Anybody notice price just keeps going up and up and up or is it just tackle warehouse?

Example: crazy cranker 270 at time of costal review ( 300)

Cc still 270
Coastal now 330
Type R was 400 at time of review 4-17-11 now its 440

Was eyeing it lately past few weeks when it was 430.

If was exhange rate type r rate is sure higher
While the cc has not moved last few years.

Closest thing to shimano line up going up is moving curado to chronarch name. Maybe more but just more subtle that i have not notice it.....

If it keeps up at this rate im moving part of my 401k to daiwa reels higher return rate then bonds :lol:

This topic has been discussed many times...

- MIJ Shimano went the same route with the Core, Stella, Calcutta, as a few examples...the Maylasian made ones are less $$$, but some argue that the current offerings are not as good as previous generations...a debate that is really not "debatable" with the Chronarch line-up.

- OEM shared platforms with slight variations of color, designs, etc...otherwise re-badged OEM made in just about any country outside of the U.S., Japan, Sweden, and any other 1st World/high cost of living countries - will likely be much cheaper in their pricing (and some say not quite on par quality-wise either).

- Retail MSRP is not necessarily a true reflection of wholesale cost to the distributor/seller...so we really don't know how much "true cost" has gone up?

My two cents.
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

JWR075
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by JWR075 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:56 am

It appears that this is based on the yen continuing to gain ground on the dollar. What does that really mean; it is almost as cheap to buy JDM reels as USDM reels.

PX-type R - $500.00
PX-68 - $ 482.00
JDM T3 (Plat) - $ 383.00
USDM T3 - $429.00
Z2020 - $674.00
Z200 - $650.00
So on certain reels there are only a few dollar differences between the two.
Last edited by JWR075 on Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

trytofish
Angler
Angler

Post by trytofish » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:28 pm

JDM reels are the way to go.

tH3_Guy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by tH3_Guy » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:36 pm

But that does not explain why crazy cranker has not changed in few years from what ive notice to some reel jacking multiple times within a year.

Just checked my cc its made in japan as well....

Katron
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Katron » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:34 pm

Maybe they don't sell enough of the CC to warrant a price increase?
Previously "theflyingplatypus".

Buck2thPerch
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Buck2thPerch » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:54 pm

dragon1 wrote:- Retail MSRP is not necessarily a true reflection of wholesale cost to the distributor/seller...so we really don't know how much "true cost" has gone up?
I can atest to this - MSRP price increments has also been reflected on the MSWP as well.
Marine General Staff - Duluth MN
**What is fishing?**