New Revos

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: New Revos

Post by dragon1 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:05 am

As I noted several years back while fishing prototype STXs and SXs (geeez, I was a BFHP member then - wow, did I upgrade! :lol: )...Abu's Revo would be this Legendary Swedish Marquee's most successful LP reel.

Now of course, this OEM provider has also given "re-birth" to Pflueger and Lew's (I believe their series is provided by the same OEM) as well.
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

runmax07
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by runmax07 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:52 am

I've been using the original STX's since they came out back in 2007....Abu Garcia has really done their research and seem to be the current leader in improvements, changes, trends... My only concern is the price drop of some of their reels at year end.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:55 am

runmax07 wrote:I've been using the original STX's since they came out back in 2007....Abu Garcia has really done their research and seem to be the current leader in improvements, changes, trends... My only concern is the price drop of some of their reels at year end.
The STXs "came out" before 2007...not so sure I agree that Abu's OEM line-up is the "current leader" in trends, innovations or improvements though...bang for buck, okay.
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."