Now I Know!

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Big Al
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Now I Know!

Post by Big Al » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:01 pm

Why you guys like those Zillions! Got my Cabelas 50th Zillion yesterday and gave it a run today. I can't believe how nice it casts. A few years ago I had a Zillion SHA 7.1 and although I liked the way it performed, I sold it and stuck with Shimanos. Well, this Cabelas Zillion is impressive. I spooled it up with 40 lb braid and it casts smooth as silk. The power is great. The retrieve is very smooth. I really like this reel. I think the handle bearings make a difference also. I posted a pic on the Show and Tell page with it on my Legend Extreme.
Oh, and the price........it's a steal! I may have to buy another!

humph005
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Now I Know!

Post by humph005 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:17 pm

Out of all the reels I've bought and sold over the last several years, the Zillion series is what I've always came back to. It's as close to the "perfect reel" for me as I've ever found.

zodiak311
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by zodiak311 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:56 am

Upgrade those bearings, oil them lightly, and you'll really see this reel take off. Still my go to reel when I need to get the job done! I have TDZ spools in a few of mine, and its is just plain sickness.
Get your kids hooked on fishing, and they'll never have any money for drugs or alcohol.

BASSLAYER
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by BASSLAYER » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:31 pm

Big Al wrote:Why you guys like those Zillions! Got my Cabelas 50th Zillion yesterday and gave it a run today. I can't believe how nice it casts. A few years ago I had a Zillion SHA 7.1 and although I liked the way it performed, I sold it and stuck with Shimanos. Well, this Cabelas Zillion is impressive. I spooled it up with 40 lb braid and it casts smooth as silk. The power is great. The retrieve is very smooth. I really like this reel. I think the handle bearings make a difference also. I posted a pic on the Show and Tell page with it on my Legend Extreme.
Oh, and the price........it's a steal! I may have to buy another!

Now you know and knowing is half the battle! :whistle:
Kenjutsu
(剣術)

Buck2thPerch
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Buck2thPerch » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:25 pm

$140-$170 is definetly a steal!!!!

I do love the 7:3:1 Gear...but the 6:3:1 Gear is probably the best all around type gear. You can't beat that gear!!! I may even trade one of my 7:3:1 Gear out of one of my Zillion Type-R's for the 6:3:1!!! One thing....that I will agree with is the 4BB Handle of the Zillion Type-R....it makes the whole reel....extremely buttery smooth!!
Marine General Staff - Duluth MN
**What is fishing?**

Katron
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Katron » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:00 am

Buck2thPerch wrote:$140-$170 is definetly a steal!!!!

I do love the 7:3:1 Gear...but the 6:3:1 Gear is probably the best all around type gear. You can't beat that gear!!! I may even trade one of my 7:3:1 Gear out of one of my Zillion Type-R's for the 6:3:1!!! One thing....that I will agree with is the 4BB Handle of the Zillion Type-R....it makes the whole reel....extremely buttery smooth!!
I second that!
Previously "theflyingplatypus".

thelatrobe33
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by thelatrobe33 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:56 am

Buck2thPerch wrote:$140-$170 is definetly a steal!!!!

Both the standard Zillion 50th and the Cabela's 50th have 4BB supported handles as well :D

stratos20
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by stratos20 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:18 am

you guys need to be Quiet! I don't need to spend more money! :(
Fish on!