Old, original Calcutta 200TE's

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Gulfcoastwader
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Old, original Calcutta 200TE's

Post by Gulfcoastwader » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:20 pm

Is it just me or is anyone else still using old original 200TE's after many years?? I have had several in service for a long time. They are easy to work on and easy to upgrade to carbontex and Abec 7's. They are bulletproof. However I don't see any traffic on them on TT. I can modify one and almost get it casting as well as my DC's (which I also have and really like...)

mhood
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Old, original Calcutta 200TE's

Post by mhood » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:11 pm

Wasn't it Jun-san who said: "The Conquest will make your life-long fishing partners"? Same is true of the Calcutta TE's. 8-)
ORANGE Reels Rule!!!
- Lord Wisecracker

Smalleyez
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Smalleyez » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:21 pm

I picked up a very nice, used Conquest 200 and it's strong horse. It's been one of my most used reels now that weeds are up. I like these Calcutta/Conquest tanks. :)
RRR (Round Reels Rule!)

craigrbns
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by craigrbns » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:43 am

Ive had a 100 and a 50, both TE's, for years. Theyre with me every where I fish, from the flats to Canada. Still cast and function flawlessly. I also own a 50S Conquest. All will be in my arsenal for years to come. Next up will prob be a 300 for swimbaits...

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:21 am

All Calcuttas are tanks...as are Ambassadeurs, Morrum Ms, Millionaires and Lunas.

The TEs are great reels (don't forget about the Luna as well here), but the TE GTs and of course Conquests are the creme of the crop.

Excellent reels that will be in use for many generations...even through the "weight weenie generations". :P
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

tonyex
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by tonyex » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:31 am

Agree!

My old TE GTs and TE DCs stand above any others reels I owned/tested and those maybe does not look new anymore, but still perform flawlessly.

Reg /T
Live 2 fish <>< , forced 2 work.