T3 mini review

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Carlos Carrapiço
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: T3 mini review

Post by Carlos Carrapiço » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:33 am

knht wrote:
Carlos Carrapiço wrote:
Valky wrote:You know what? Zaion Air Rotor spinning reel is very weak. New Certate have rotor problem just to fight with 2-3 Kg. saltwater fish, the rotor start to crush with spool with a single fish run. I dont believe the Zaion topbar would held up long before braid start to rip their skin off.

If they coat the lip of the topbar with some Sic material, then, u got best of the show. For now, I am not yet sold on this Zaion.
Can you reveal more details on this issue?
When, conditions, line, user...

I'm very interested in knowing all the issues with this new material.

Although, this seem to be more related with the nut that holds the rotor being unscrewed.
the new freams 2011 is well known and well reported to have this issue, especially in this part of Asia. I have the freams 2500 and I seriously doubt it can hold up the 7kg drag of its stated specs without its rotor collapsing.
Thanks for the additional info.

knht
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: T3 mini review

Post by knht » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:59 am

Carlos Carrapiço wrote: Thanks for the additional info.
i really look forward to holding the T3 and add it to my daiwa arsenals. I also seriously hope that 2011 Freams being the low to mid range reel is built of lower grade zaion material (if there is) than what T3 is made.