New Shimano items?

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Stasher1
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: New Shimano items?

Post by Stasher1 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:53 am

TBassMaster wrote: I knew people had it. I jsut didnt think anybody else would want to buy it any more since its oldish

This is just the beginning. :lol: Do you have any idea how many D-series Citicas and Curados were sold right before the E-series came out? They were on clearance everywhere, and on top of that Shimano was offering pretty substantial rebates.

falcon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by falcon » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:29 am

no matter what reel you own unless its pure high dollar JDM someone will own it very close to you that you know or on the same water get over it. You have a shimano your fishing with the best :whistle:
Legend Alpha 211/Merc 250 Pro XS

Nitroman77
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Nitroman77 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:49 pm

Pmedicbm wrote:
TBassMaster wrote:Im looking for a new shimano reel.... I just got my Curado 50e and disappointing to say... I know a few people that have a curado, and I have another relative maybe about to get one. Soo it is a little disappointing to know that I wont be the only one to own a Curado, out of the people i know :( . So I am just wondering is Shimano coming out with any new reels? Ive heard about the new curado. But I wanna know more about any new models for Shimano. Tell me what you know about new Shimano reels?!
He said he want's to be the only one "he knows" to own a particular Shimano reel. To answer your question, if you want something unique and not something everyone else owns. (A Curado would have been my last choice). Get yourself a Scorpion XT which is the Japanese version of the Curado. Or if you really want to impress, get yourself one of the new Conquest 50DC or 100DC. The only problem is going to be that for the price of one DC you could probably buy 3-4 of the XT's. Another cool option that's available is the new Scorpion DC. I have'nt seen the price yet on them, but I think they're significantly cheaper than the current USDM Shimano DC offerings.? Good luck and keep looking and searching until you find the one....

Around 350ish for the scorpion DC.. 8-)
THkustoms.com
Dobyns rods
Omega custom tackle
Biospawn
seaguar
phoenix boats

Iowa Matt
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Iowa Matt » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:21 pm

bassninja wrote:slap on a carbon fiber handle with the over sized paddle knobs from the curado 200 and u got yourself a toyota camry with 20" chrome rims. 8-)

:D ..........I wouldn't know anyone with that combo........

I bought a Bassart handle for my Calcutta TE 200DC and it turns out that it doesn't fit that reel.......its too big for my Calcutta 50, and my Core50 already has a Carbon handle......since all my other reels are Diawas with swept handles, it resides on a Curado 200E.......a station wagon with spinners!

Matt

bassninja
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by bassninja » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:05 am

Iowa Matt wrote:
bassninja wrote:slap on a carbon fiber handle with the over sized paddle knobs from the curado 200 and u got yourself a toyota camry with 20" chrome rims. 8-)

:D ..........I wouldn't know anyone with that combo........

I bought a Bassart handle for my Calcutta TE 200DC and it turns out that it doesn't fit that reel.......its too big for my Calcutta 50, and my Core50 already has a Carbon handle......since all my other reels are Diawas with swept handles, it resides on a Curado 200E.......a station wagon with spinners!

Matt
nice. i want to put carbon fiber handles on my core 51 too but need funds for a new set up. post some pics of your core and curado w/carbon handles. i bet they look sweet.

baluga
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by baluga » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:52 pm

I think the only solution to this without replacing your reel it to replace your fishing buddies with fly fishing folks. ;)

fishingandfords
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by fishingandfords » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:48 am

TBassMaster wrote:
OhioChamp183 wrote:
TBassMaster wrote:Im looking for a new shimano reel.... I just got my Curado 50e and disappointing to say... I know a few people that have a curado, and I have another relative maybe about to get one. Soo it is a little disappointing to know that I wont be the only one to own a Curado, out of the people i know :( . So I am just wondering is Shimano coming out with any new reels? Ive heard about the new curado. But I wanna know more about any new models for Shimano. Tell me what you know about new Shimano reels?!

You REALLY expected to be the only one to own a Curado! :lol: :lol: :lol: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1:

sorry! 8-[
but that's funny!
I knew people had it. I jsut didnt think anybody else would want to buy it any more since its oldish
oldish? your 50E? just be happy to be using a good reel in your teens

TBassMaster
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by TBassMaster » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:13 pm

fishingandfords wrote:
TBassMaster wrote:
OhioChamp183 wrote:

You REALLY expected to be the only one to own a Curado! :lol: :lol: :lol: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1:

sorry! 8-[
but that's funny!
Yes im pretty happy with it

I knew people had it. I jsut didnt think anybody else would want to buy it any more since its oldish
oldish? your 50E? just be happy to be using a good reel in your teens
Yes, im pretty happy with it

DaiwaFreak
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by DaiwaFreak » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:25 pm

Can I just ask, what is wrong with having the same reel as your mates? It's not a competition of who has the best or most unique reel, it is all about who catches the most fish :D.

But if you really do want something unique, look into ITO's, megabass reels, or JDM stuff in general.

TBassMaster
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by TBassMaster » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:10 pm

DaiwaFreak wrote:Can I just ask, what is wrong with having the same reel as your mates? It's not a competition of who has the best or most unique reel, it is all about who catches the most fish :D.

But if you really do want something unique, look into ITO's, megabass reels, or JDM stuff in general.
I dont have a problem with it.. its just kinda like damn... same thing has me?!? Butta yea most deff, JDM FTW =P~

triple_illusion
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by triple_illusion » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:41 pm

dont let anyone despise your youth.....research and you will find what YOU want, not what someone else wants. :D
FiSh_FoR_tHe_StArS