Shimano Scorpions...will they go on clearance as well?

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Lowdog
Angler
Angler

Shimano Scorpions...will they go on clearance as well?

Post by Lowdog » Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:28 am

With Shimano putting their Curado E series on clearance for the ICast, does anyone know if they will be putting the entire JDM Scorpion line (1000/1500/new DC) on clearance as well?

Smalleyez
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Shimano Scorpions...will they go on clearance as well?

Post by Smalleyez » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:25 am

If they do I'll be securing another just to have on hand in case anything ever happens to my 1000XT. TT nailed that review. The 1000XT is a casting machine, and I like that funky color.
:big grin:
RRR (Round Reels Rule!)

Buck2thPerch
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Buck2thPerch » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:59 pm

I am just guessing and using some logic, but USDM is different from JDM. The Scorpion is a JDM and thus does not fall under the same retail guidelines and liquidation in foresight of new offerings. Perhaps there might be some retailers in Japan that will liquidate them but the rest of the world will not see such liquidation prices unless you live in Japan. Even Japantackle will most likely not do that. There is too much money to be made with JDM version to the USDM vs JDM to JDM.
Marine General Staff - Duluth MN
**What is fishing?**

bassninja
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by bassninja » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:25 am

I hope they do as well. I would pick up another one in a heart beat.