A faster Daiwa TD Sol baitcaster ?

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
l2yan
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: A faster Daiwa TD Sol baitcaster ?

Post by l2yan » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:54 pm

Tokugawa wrote:That second reel looks muuuuuuch better. :cool1:
That's the way it was supposed to be manufactured... :roll:
www.BigSmallieTackle.com
www.HeroesOnTheWater.org

bstuckey
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by bstuckey » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:51 pm

l2yan wrote:
Tokugawa wrote:That second reel looks muuuuuuch better. :cool1:
That's the way it was supposed to be manufactured... :roll:
Agreed! Daiwa should consider product development ideas from the members of TT.

Carlos Carrapiço
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Carlos Carrapiço » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:40 am

blakjack23 wrote:
Carlos Carrapiço wrote:The handle and knobs are great but the drag star is just too much for me.
Good thing it is my reel and not yours then \:D/ :lol:
dragon1 wrote:Very nice pic of your Alphas 105 Finesse...is that a different handle and drag star assembly?
Yup, so far thats the only downfall I can find of the 105 (for its price).....the stock handle. So I immediately replaced it with an Ito carbon swept handle and red drag star that matches the spool perfectly (Like Daiwa should have in the first place :D ). I have only had it on the water once so far, but I'm VERY impressed with this reel. I'll do a more in-depth review with more pics once I get some more time on the water with it.

I din't want to sound like disliking your reel, its just that I'm in love with the PX 68 SPR cosmetics.

Now lets go to serious things... When are you releasing the Alphas 105 Finesse review?
I'm very interested in this. 8-[

Finnz922
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Finnz922 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:50 am

Buck2thPerch wrote:
Carlos Carrapiço wrote:
Buck2thPerch wrote:
joejoe83 wrote:I have hope that at ICAST they will release a new sol/alphas to the USDM with a faster gear ratio! [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<
Sorry, but USDM will not see the TD-Alphas (SOL) or a Type-R version at this year's 2011 ICAST. Heck, I don't foresee one in the next 4yrs. However, save ur money. 2012, Daiwa is revamping its line of reels. You "WILL" not be disapointed at what Daiwa is offering (Same can be said about Shimano).

Some of us know already what Daiwa is releasing but we cannot comment due to our close affiliation with Daiwa and must remain as such. :big grin:
Why do I have this feeling that the "Some of us know already what Daiwa is releasing" doesn't include you? :-k
Perhaps it doesn't include me Or perhaps it does. That is what my Daiwa Rep said to me as well.
What is your affiliation with Daiwa? I have seen you comment on a lot of boards about what they may or may not be doing behind the scenes. Do you actually know anything or do you just like to see how people respond?

Buck2thPerch
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Buck2thPerch » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:29 pm

Finnz922 wrote:What is your affiliation with Daiwa? I have seen you comment on a lot of boards about what they may or may not be doing behind the scenes. Do you actually know anything or do you just like to see how people respond?
No offense but....

I have no affiliation with Diawa. I just purchase and use but not limit myself to Daiwa products. Perhaps it may seem I am purely whistle blowing but perhaps I am not. Regradless, I reserve the right to comment. And if I am giving false information then disprove it. I will always acknowledge any bad information I am giving and will stand to be corrected. Otherwise, you and anyone can take my comments with a grain of salt. :big grin:

55#@$55R55#%@55-55@#%55Y55&#$55X55$%#55I55$%#$55P55$%#55 :whistle: "blowing"
Last edited by Buck2thPerch on Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marine General Staff - Duluth MN
**What is fishing?**

STEEZMAN2
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by STEEZMAN2 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:05 am

So does your cryptic code mean Pixy Type R? Prolly a PX68 type R with a beefier drag?
That would be interesting and be a perfect compliment to the Zillion Type R,
and a logical replacement for the sol in the USDM. :-k :shock: [-o<

Buck2thPerch
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Buck2thPerch » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:11 am

:-# :-# :-#
Wut code? Thats just me swearing. :evil22:

53%$*$&(%*#$(*&$@@#$%#$555345$#(&$%%#555 - See thats swearing. :mrgreen:
**What is fishing?**

Finnz922
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Finnz922 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:51 am

Buck2thPerch wrote:
Finnz922 wrote:What is your affiliation with Daiwa? I have seen you comment on a lot of boards about what they may or may not be doing behind the scenes. Do you actually know anything or do you just like to see how people respond?
No offense but....

I have no affiliation with Diawa. I just purchase and use but not limit myself to Daiwa products. Perhaps it may seem I am purely whistle blowing but perhaps I am not. Regradless, I reserve the right to comment. And if I am giving false information then disprove it. I will always acknowledge any bad information I am giving and will stand to be corrected. Otherwise, you and anyone can take my comments with a grain of salt. :big grin:

I didn't accuse you of anything. I simply asked you a question if you took offense that's on you.

Buck2thPerch
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Buck2thPerch » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:55 pm

Finnz922 wrote:
Buck2thPerch wrote:
No offense but....

I didn't accuse you of anything. I simply asked you a question if you took offense that's on you.
Naw. No offense Finnz.
**What is fishing?**