New Curado rumors.

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
REW
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: New Curado rumors.

Post by REW » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:19 pm

husonfirst wrote:That reel looks very long to me. Not sure if it's because of the angle.
I think it may be a combination, and the color scheme. The white sides make it look a little narrower, with the narrow, black center portion standing out.

phatbass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by phatbass » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:41 pm

actually it looks just like the caenan, with different color scheme.that would explain why they are using the same frame for the new curado and chronarch.

21farms
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by 21farms » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:55 am

husonfirst wrote:That reel looks very long to me. Not sure if it's because of the angle.
i agree. but, that wouldn't be new territory for shimano as their coriolis and crestfire are "long" like that too. it is visually awkward but i could see where it would benefit casting distance because the line angles to the line guide would be less steep.

PESCATORE
Angler
Angler

Post by PESCATORE » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:15 am

I think the black and white scheme is nice. I really wouldn't care if it was pink, as long as they give us lefties all the gearing options...no, pink would be a bad idea! Thanks for the sneak peak guys, great looking reel.

froteur
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by froteur » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:39 pm

PESCATORE wrote:I think the black and white scheme is nice. I really wouldn't care if it was pink, as long as they give us lefties all the gearing options...no, pink would be a bad idea! Thanks for the sneak peak guys, great looking reel.
what's wrong with pink? :big grin:

bassninja
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by bassninja » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:28 am

my funds are limited so I might have to jump on the deals that everyone is having on the Curado E's and wait until fall for the 2012 reels to hit the stores.