BPS Xcrank?

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Jason Penn
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

BPS Xcrank?

Post by Jason Penn » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:46 pm

Anybody tell me about the BPS Xcrank reel? I've never heard of it and there's 2 different eBay listings for them. Best I could tell from the pics it looks like a variation of an Extreme with externally adjustable cent. braking.

Also, anybody else notice how much resale has went up on BPS reels in the past year or so? Used to you couldn't pay someone to take them off your hands. There's a Carbonlite on there now that's going for $90-$95, and those $49 ProLite deals are bring anywhere from $65-$85.

21farms
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: BPS Xcrank?

Post by 21farms » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:35 am

the x-crank reel is part of a $100 rod/reel combo. it looks to be a rehash of the previous-previous-generation browning citori...i do not see any extreme influences here.

and, yes, i have noticed some ridiculous prices on "the bay" for BPS reels. the prolite special is fetching more than current retail. my local BPS still has them for $59 but some people are bidding them up to almost $80 before shipping. :lol: