RCS Handles for Zillions

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
spicytuna
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

RCS Handles for Zillions

Post by spicytuna » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:18 pm

I'm thinking about buying some RCS handles for my Zillions and so I'm wondering what handle size I should choose: 80, 90, or 100 mm. I am assuming the stock Zillion handles are 80 mm (I could be wrong). What are the advantages / disadvantages of the 90 and 100 mm size handles? Do they feel much different and are they more comfortable to use? Approximately how much more line per turn will I get with the longer handles? Any feedback is appreciated.

cjtoad
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: RCS Handles for Zillions

Post by cjtoad » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:46 pm

Your not going to get anymore inches per turn of the handle will a longer handle, that's the gears role. What you could get more cranking power with a longer handle, but I've found you don't get much with the higher gear ratio reels (7.1:1 and over). I've replaced one with a 92 and it feels perfect.

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Tokugawa » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:27 pm

spicytuna wrote:I'm thinking about buying some RCS handles for my Zillions and so I'm wondering what handle size I should choose: 80, 90, or 100 mm. I am assuming the stock Zillion handles are 80 mm (I could be wrong). What are the advantages / disadvantages of the 90 and 100 mm size handles? Do they feel much different and are they more comfortable to use? Approximately how much more line per turn will I get with the longer handles? Any feedback is appreciated.
Stock Zillion handles are 90mm.
cjtoad wrote:Your not going to get anymore inches per turn of the handle will a longer handle, that's the gears role. What you could get more cranking power with a longer handle, but I've found you don't get much with the higher gear ratio reels (7.1:1 and over). I've replaced one with a 92 and it feels perfect.
Yup...and the spool diameter...

A 100mm handle just seems too big to me. A 90mm is good. I also have a 92mm on a Fuego and it feels good, but it is not a swept handle.

The other benefit is weight reduction. A CF handle is lighter than a stock Zillion handle.

Carlos Carrapiço
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Carlos Carrapiço » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:55 am

spicytuna wrote:I'm thinking about buying some RCS handles for my Zillions and so I'm wondering what handle size I should choose: 80, 90, or 100 mm. I am assuming the stock Zillion handles are 80 mm (I could be wrong). What are the advantages / disadvantages of the 90 and 100 mm size handles? Do they feel much different and are they more comfortable to use? Approximately how much more line per turn will I get with the longer handles? Any feedback is appreciated.
Just to add that the RCS handles come with 4 CRBB included accordingly to daiwa site.
cjtoad, can you confirm this?

damian_megabass
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by damian_megabass » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:45 am

Carlos Carrapiço wrote:
Just to add that the RCS handles come with 4 CRBB included accordingly to daiwa site.
RCS handle comes with 4 CRBB, ordered a 80MM for my reel recently. It also comes with what you need, the knob plug remover, nut wrench, 2 types of handle nut holder.
I will NEVER sell another 3:16 swimbait again!

Carlos Carrapiço
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Carlos Carrapiço » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:57 am

damian_megabass wrote:
Carlos Carrapiço wrote:
RCS handle comes with 4 CRBB, ordered a 80MM for my reel recently. It also comes with what you need, the knob plug remover, nut wrench, 2 types of handle nut holder.
Sorry for so many questions but does it comes also with the screws and washers that go between the bearings and the handle?

PaBass75
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by PaBass75 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:13 am

Carlos Carrapiço wrote:
damian_megabass wrote:
Carlos Carrapiço wrote:
Sorry for so many questions but does it comes also with the screws and washers that go between the bearings and the handle?

Yes. It includes the knob screws and the spacers required to make themem fit properly.
Just got an 80mm for my Steez and a 100mm for my Zillion.
The 100mm feels larger than I expected, but should be perfect for my frog combo. :D