STX handle

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
11kalnmitc
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

STX handle

Post by 11kalnmitc » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:19 am

I'm wondering if the handle on the Patriarch XT baitcaster, or the handle on the Carbonlite will fit a Revo STX (09 version), and if they do, do i need to get the drag star too, or will the handle fit fine without a dragstar to match.

newgenleftcrank
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: STX handle

Post by newgenleftcrank » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:29 am

Those handles will fit the stx. You do need to get the handle nut plate and screw for each type/brand of handle that you're purchasing. You'll also need the handle nut itself as well, whether in right or left hand retrieve. You should be fine with the current 09 dragstar for the patriarch xt handle. I wouldn't know for the carbonlite handle, maybe modify/bend the drag star tips???

11kalnmitc
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 11kalnmitc » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:50 am

Thanks, does anyone know how much the patriach XT handle and accesories will cost me??

21farms
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by 21farms » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:40 pm

yes, the patriarch XT handle will fit. the handle and nut are $37 plus $7.95 shipping. you will also need two washers (35 cents each), a handle nut retainer ($3.50) and the handle nut retainer screw (35 cents). the problem is they seem to be perpetually out of one or two of the items and they don't take backorders so good luck.

the carbonlite handle is swept so you'd have to bend back the arms of your drag star or replace it. not sure about the costs here.