Shallow sppols for Dawa Excelers?

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Bob Ellis
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Shallow sppols for Dawa Excelers?

Post by Bob Ellis » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:12 am

Are any shallow spools available from RCS or from a JDM reel that will work with USDM Excelers? I know the Exceler used the simplest shaft and spool/support design, without the extra bearing of the Tierra or the Real Four reels so those spools will not fit, correct?

I like the larger spool diameter the Daiwa reels give me but I don't always need or want the capacity. I have both Daiwas and a Shimano in the 2500 size and when spooled the Shimano is actually a much tighter coil, the propulsion lip negates a lot of the visual size of the spool.

On a lark I was thinking it would be nice to find a 2506 or 2508 spool to string up some fluorocarbon.

overdose
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Shallow sppols for Dawa Excelers?

Post by overdose » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:46 am

you might want to check out the shallow spools on the daiwa legalis... i'm not sure if daiwa japan is willing to sell parts though :(