flip and pitch

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
heatmizer
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

flip and pitch

Post by heatmizer » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:47 pm

anyone use a ardent flip and pitch 700. I am in the market fot a new flipping outfit and was considering this real. Is there a better option out there. I am not to up on the baitcasters

darrin
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: flip and pitch

Post by darrin » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:19 pm

I haven't used an Ardent, but don't get caught up in the name of the reel (ie ardent flip and pitch). Almost any reel can be used for flipping and pitching. I like a smooth casting reel for pitching, which in turn, doubles as my flipping reel. I've used a bunch of different reels, everything from my Shimano Scorpion to my Daiwa Viento to a Revo. Choice is yours. Pick something that feels good to you.

capt1fish
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: flip and pitch

Post by capt1fish » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:04 pm

darrin wrote:I haven't used an Ardent, but don't get caught up in the name of the reel (ie ardent flip and pitch). Almost any reel can be used for flipping and pitching. I like a smooth casting reel for pitching, which in turn, doubles as my flipping reel. I've used a bunch of different reels, everything from my Shimano Scorpion to my Daiwa Viento to a Revo. Choice is yours. Pick something that feels good to you.
Well said and I agree 100%.