furthest casting reels

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
breezy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: furthest casting reels

Post by breezy » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:23 am

ecu daniel 14 wrote:does the revos "infini 2 spool design" weigh less then the curados? that is probably why I can cast much further with the revos
From Bantam1:
Curado 200E7 13.8 grams

Citica 200E 14.8 grams

I wasn't able to pull up any official weights for the Revo's spool but saw a few posts stating it was in the 16-18g range. Either way the Revo spool is going to weigh a lot more including line compared to the 50e because of its much higher capacity.

From what I understand, a heavier spool may actually cast further in certain situations such as using a heavy weight lure. Once the spool is in motion (which isn't a problem with a heavy lure) the extra weight will keep the spool spinning longer. Maybe someone with more knowledge can chime in. I don't think there are many current production BC reels that will cast light lures better than the 50e (in a similar price range or less).

rubberheels11
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Re: furthest casting reels

Post by rubberheels11 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:54 am

How about Shimano Calais 200dc? Or the Real Champ a Abu Chrome Rocket thats been super tuned.