Reel to match 2008 Kistler LTX HE2MH70

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Lowdog
Angler
Angler

Reel to match 2008 Kistler LTX HE2MH70

Post by Lowdog » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:53 am

Guys,

I am indecisive on which reel to pair with my Kistler LTX. This is the one with the shark skin handle and is a very nice rod. I am an exclusive Shimano guy (own 22 Shimano/Kistler combos) and already own 3 Chronarch 50MGs and am a huge fan of them. I am looking at either another 50MG, a Core 50 or a Daiwa Steez. I must say, I like the black on black rod/reel look and with the LTXs black with brown undertones, the Steez looks awesome. It makes me feel like I am cheating on a girlfriend to try the Steez (6.3:1-black with brown/gold undertones) though. I like the Core 50 as well but I am not sure I would like it as well as the 50MG and I can get a Core 50 for almost the same price (inside deal).

I throw 5/16 oz Jewel jigs, light t-rigs, weightless senkos, light c-rigs and an occasional 3/8 oz football jig on it. Confused on which way to go. Feedback appreciated.

DMC

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Reel to match 2008 Kistler LTX HE2MH70

Post by Cal » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:55 am

Lowdog wrote: I like the Core 50 as well but I am not sure I would like it as well as the 50MG
You won't... if you're a true fan of Shimano, you will like the Core 50 more ;)
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

Eric Walsh
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Eric Walsh » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:57 am

Cal, not trying to highjack lowdog's thread, do you personally feel the Core 50 handles finesse apps
equal to or better than the Chronarch 50? Seems many on this forum think highly of the Core, just
not as deep into the finesse realm as the Chronarch 50. I have a Chronarch 50mg, but haven't tried
the Core 50 for the very reasons stated. Thanks, Eric.

Pmedicbm
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Pmedicbm » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:03 am

I have a Steez on my LTX 7MH and love it. It's actually one of the most sensitive rods that I own and I really like using it for open water Tx rigging lighter baits.. Reel wise, I have used a Zillion, TDZ-Ito, 50MG, and Steez on this particular rod, and by far I prefer the Steez. It matching the accents perfectly didn't have anything to do with the match either. Purely a performance decision...
Pmedicbm