new baitcasting handle

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
blaablaablaa
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

new baitcasting handle

Post by blaablaablaa » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:40 am

Hello everyone! Well my dog just chewed the knobs on my quantum tour edition pt TE1161PT. It is an older blue one. I actually just got it today and it is my first baitcaster. I was hard to not kick the dog, but i know he didn't know better. I have looked on quantum's website and a replacement runs about $30 plus shipping. that is for the whole handle assembly. The only part i need to replace are the knobs on the handle. Is there some were I can order knobs that will fit. Possibly some nicer ones. I have tried looking online a bit but have not had good results.

Thanks a lot for any help.

RWSCHMITZ
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: new baitcasting handle

Post by RWSCHMITZ » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:10 am

WELCOME TO TT, no reel co. sells the knobs by themselves, U have to buy the handle to get the knobs.
Pimp My Rod & Reel Richard W. Schmitz

blaablaablaa
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: new baitcasting handle

Post by blaablaablaa » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:57 pm

thanks for your reply. I kind of figured that after looking on the net. On the upside i have found a place locally that stocks quantum parts.