Lew's Tournament Pro Speed Spool

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
dan1942
Angler
Angler

Lew's Tournament Pro Speed Spool

Post by dan1942 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:54 am

So I know a few of you have gotten it so whats the word on it. I know there was thread on it before BLACK TUESDAY.
Thanks!

ryan391
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Lew's Tournament Pro Speed Spool

Post by ryan391 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:36 pm

4 on order should have them this week.

DanD
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by DanD » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:41 am

I saw the Lew's Speed Spool (intro model) at a local shop last nite. Felt like a pretty solid/smooth little reel. I really like the handle knobs, they have a soft rubber texture and are very comfortable.

dan1942
Angler
Angler

Post by dan1942 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:38 am

Great keep us updated!
I have used the base model that my fishing partner had and it felt pretty nice.

Mr SwimJig
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Mr SwimJig » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:58 pm

I have the Tournament Pro and have got to use it a couple of times and love it so far. Very smooth and the drag is very smooth and powerful.

Hope to get to use it more this weekend.

SJ

T Mike
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by T Mike » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:47 pm

I got 5 of them and used them for the first time this am. Very nice little reels. Time will tell if they will hold up. They cast very well in the wind. I hardly had a backlash in 20mph + winds all day today throwing a DD pointer78 (fairly light bait). I like them so far and no complaints.

Mike
Dobyns Rods, Lucky Craft, Triple Fish, Bull Shad

ryan391
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by ryan391 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:19 am

I got my four as well. Very smooth and very light. I really like the knobs. I was afraid I would not like them and was already planning on switching them out. I do not think I am going to do that at this time. The fit and finish seem to be on par with any other major reel manufacturer. I was going to buy the Team Lew's, but opted for the tournament. The paint finish is not as glossy and I hope it holds up as well as Shimano paint.

I have not fished with them, just cast a plug in the yard. Being new they are smooth as silk and can cast a little farther than my curados. Pitching was superb too. I like the multi control on reels. I like a magnetic cast for casting but weights for pitching. This reel, like Revo's, has both. One thing I did notice and I will have to experiment more on the water is that it seemed that adding more cast control did not affect casting distance as much as Diawa's seem too.

Mr SwimJig
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Mr SwimJig » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:22 am

Just got home from a nice day on the water with my Lews reels and it was another very pleasant day. It was very windy and the dual braking system worked perfectly and I was able to cast with the wind and into the wind and had absolutely no problems.

Got several nice size bass ranging from 2 to 4lbs and the drag system worked flawlessly and the retrieve was absolutely smooth as butter and the reel just performed well all day. I also have the Team Spinning reel and it also worked and performed flawlessly all day and is a amazing reel to fish shakey heads and other small light baits with.

SJ