Magforce-Z induction activation revolutions?

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Magforce-Z induction activation revolutions?

Post by LowRange » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:45 pm

aavery2 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:33 pm
LowRange wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:04 pm
aavery2 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:58 am
Go buy an SV spool. You will see for yourself and they are great skipping machines. I prefer my "old" Magforce V and Z spools for distance through.
I own several
Then try this. I just did this with my SS SV105. Place the paling side of reel up to your ear and flick the spool at max brake and at zero. At max there is a very pronounced soft thunk sound of the inductor seating that is not heard at o mag brake setting. For me it is heard a fraction of a second after I flick the spool.
[/quote]

OK, this is my last, last post LOL. I wanted to try this to see if I could duplicate what you are experiencing. I used my Sol with an SV spool and my Alphas SV105, adjusted the brakes, placed them to my ear and spun the spool but could not hear what it is that you are speaking of. I wonder if what you are hearing is the inductor being pulled back into place by the springs. When you spin the spool by finger the speed of the spool initially produces enough centrifugal force to extend the inductor but because you spun the spool by hand the speed quickly dies and the inductor is pulled back to its starting position by spring pressure. That's my best guess.
[/quote]
Yes I am hearing the inductor being pulled back into the seated/retracted position by the springs. Obviously this implies that at some point during the spool flick the inductor was extended. For me at least the soft tick sound of the inductor seating is heard at max brake setting on the spool flick and not at 0 brake setting.

If this was a purely centrifugally driven movement then it would be heard irregardless of the brake setting and it would be the spool flick that is causing it to extend. This is not the case because it does not occur at 0 mag setting but does at a high mag setting.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:53 pm

I can also flick the spool very gently at max brake and hear the inductor seat yet a few scrolls of the dial later to half brake I do not and have to then flick it much harder to hear the iductor seat. This is evidence that the magnetic field intensity is crucial to the operation of Air Brake inductor extension. Also based on what we know for the twisting and extension motion of the Air Brake mechanism itself this becomes quite obvious.

Its great to learn these stuff about spools. Because they are not centrifugally driven as the primary means of inductor extension and based on my on the water experiences I have never looked at the SV spools as distance casters and am often perplexed as to why everyone is constantly on the search for the longest casting SV spool or to modify them into distance casters. That's not their deal. Go get a stiff spring Magforce Z spool.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:04 pm

And if anyone is wondering what flicking the spool has to do with anything and how that related to a cast where you obviously put much more energy into the spool. While high mag dial will get the inductor to extend earlier in the spool's rotation than at low mag dial the inverse is also true. The inductor will stay extended longer or at lower spool speeds at a high dial setting. This is why they can skip so well at very low spools speeds as the bait skips across the water. With an SV spool set to max mag brake it takes very little RPM to keep that inductor extended.

aavery2
Angler
Angler

Post by aavery2 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:18 pm

Sorry we are still so far apart on our understandings of how the SV spool system works. None the less it was an interesting and civil conversation and I enjoyed it.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:37 pm

aavery2 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:18 pm
Sorry we are still so far apart on our understandings of how the SV spool system works. None the less it was an interesting and civil conversation and I enjoyed it.
NP it has been enjoyable an a learning experience. These are the kind of topics I love TT forums for.

jvelth74
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jvelth74 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:22 am

Yes, it's true that earth magnets can't pull or push aluminium nor copper. But those can induce electromagnetic field (when moving in magnetic field). Could earth magnets pull or push this induced EMF? This EMF is something like 'stucked' in inductor. And if EMF is pulled or pushed, it pulls or pushes inductor.
- Jukka

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:57 am

jvelth74 wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:22 am
Yes, it's true that earth magnets can't pull or push aluminium nor copper. But those can induce electromagnetic field (when moving in magnetic field). Could earth magnets pull or push this induced EMF? This EMF is something like 'stucked' in inductor. And if EMF is pulled or pushed, it pulls or pushes inductor.
I dont think so. The magnets would have to move away from the spool to draw the inductor out. Sort of like passing a strong magnet over a peice of aluminum. You can get the aluminum to move but the magnet has to be moving. With Air Brake the ramps are what produces the linear inductor movement from a rotational movement of the inductor.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:05 pm

Video showing Air Brake activation at maximum brake and minimum brake. The black ramp attached to the spool can be clearly seen separating and seating against the spool side ramp at max brake. Does not occur at minimum brake. Spool is an Aliexpress spool with Air Brake. Inductor is thinner than the SV spools but the spring is just as soft. The magnetic field intensity is the driving force behind SV inductor extension.
https://youtu.be/IHpOjoip0ak