REVO LTX BF8

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

REVO LTX BF8

Post by goldrod » Mon May 06, 2019 2:22 pm

Looking for feed back on the reel
I know that there is a left hand one for sale but I am a righty.. I would like to know more about the reel esp if you use it for drop shoting
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

donholton
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: REVO LTX BF8

Post by donholton » Tue May 07, 2019 11:58 am

great little reel, mag brake worksexcellent, dont bass fishbut use it to throw light lures to crappie and white bass. should be very good for drop shotting.

robsone79
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by robsone79 » Tue May 14, 2019 11:10 pm

Go on YouTube and type in the reel name, look for “The Reel Test” this guy does some of the best reviews on tackle, he’s done a few videos on this reel already

Carlos Carrapiço
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Carlos Carrapiço » Wed May 15, 2019 12:59 am

robsone79 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 11:10 pm
Go on YouTube and type in the reel name, look for “The Reel Test” this guy does some of the best reviews on tackle, he’s done a few videos on this reel already
I have no experience with the reel in question.

Nevertheless, the “The Reel Test” youtube channel is in my opinion less than advisable if you are looking for an accurate opinion on a reel. Its great to see the reel looks.

There are better informed users in this Board that have many years of experience on many different reels and can help you better.
Try the Tackle_Advisors channel on youtube.

Dear robsone79, this is not a personal attack on you. Just my opinion that I have already voiced before.

Craigthor
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Craigthor » Wed May 15, 2019 4:02 am

Really well made reels that are the smallest form factor I’ve handled. Can spool about 50m of 6lb to fill it up I only run about 30m as I changed the line regularly. I did swap in the HH AirBFS bearings in the side plate and spool, as well as changing the bearing behind the spool tension knob. This bearing doesn’t improve casting but does help smooth out the retrieve. I swapped the stock handle as well personally I don’t care for the offset handles including the Daiwa ASC that came that way. Stock spare spools can be had if you have a connection in Japan the US based Pure Fishing provides no support or parts for this reel as I’ve approached them when I was trying to source a couple extra stock spools. There are after market options also. I only use this reel for small stream trout fishing so I don’t have any drop shot experience.

Pictures of 3 common options with the Abu mixed in.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Wed May 15, 2019 8:30 am

Thanks ALL
I appreciate it..
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Wed May 15, 2019 11:02 am

robsone79 wrote:
The reel is good. But the guy you've suggested is a blind shimano fanboy. He has really poor reviews if you want accurate unbiased opinions on the item(s) in question. He is the guy who tried to make everyone believe that a Curado, with its deep heavy spool is better at casting true 1/8th lures than a SS Air lol. You gotta be completely clueless or live on Neptune to believe such BS. If you want proper channels, have a look at T@ckle Advisors and Keepinitreelfishing. These two call it as is.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Wed May 15, 2019 3:31 pm

robsone79 wrote:
As much as I like Bootytrain his reviews are awful.

robsone79
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by robsone79 » Mon May 20, 2019 8:49 am

Carlos, I don’t take it as an attack on me. That’s why we are here, to help and pass on knowledge to each other. I have not checked out copycat site but will look them up.