Son's new Daiwa Tierras

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Moosehead
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Son's new Daiwa Tierras

Post by Moosehead » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:44 am

Big thanks to everyone on this forum and to Spanky at TT for making this kid this happy. I basically gave him two like new Tierra 153h along with some other reels for him to start him off in bass fishing. He really took to the two Tierra reels, two Tatula handles, some blue RCS knobs, new drags, better bearings, zillion drag stars, and these things really look and cast great..
the final touch was getting two Fuego CCCs and they are being shipped next week. Its a shame I gave him such a heavy reel as a starting point but he is hooked big time and really warms my heart to see him outside practicing with them. I think he basically made two blue TD Advantage HSTAs but a little better.

Wish I knew of a slightly better spool for this reel..

new2BC4bass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Son's new Daiwa Tierras

Post by new2BC4bass » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:18 pm

I would start another thread on a replacement spool for the reel. Quite a few guys on here will be able to answer with options....if there are any....which I feel there probably is. However, I am not one of them that can give you an answer.

Glad your son is into fishing. Makes for many memorable times.

Moosehead
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Son's new Daiwa Tierras

Post by Moosehead » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:12 pm

I might do that...I think he cleans his reels every night..