Ultimate bottom bouncing rod

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
SkinnyD
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Ultimate bottom bouncing rod

Post by SkinnyD » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:32 pm

Hi. How you doing? I love bottom bouncing for walleye. I was looking for a high-end set up for that right now. I use the St. Croix bottom bouncing rod, the legend tournament, but I’m looking for something a little lighter and more sensitive. Yes, I know when ugly stick is fine for this I also know the rod I have right now is more than adequate. I’m just looking for the ultimate bottom bouncing Rod. The only thing is it Hass to be a baitcaster. Other than that I don’t care. I have zero brand loyalty and have put a Daiwa reel on a Shimano rod many times.

My other walleye rods are a St. Croix legend, extreme medium light and medium, as well as a Shimano poison ultima med light.

I appreciate your help in advance.

KSRonH
Angler
Angler

Re: Ultimate bottom bouncing rod

Post by KSRonH » Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:15 am

G-Loomis has some great walleye rods in glx spinning but since you're looking for baitcasting I would look at the NRX+ line. I would recommend the NRX+852CJWR. Depending on what weights you're using you may want the 3 power.

SkinnyD
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by SkinnyD » Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:17 am

I would use 3oz at most and most of the time 2oz

Fishing4Fun
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Fishing4Fun » Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:49 pm

I am doing good