Paracord on rod question

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Paracord on rod question

Post by goldrod » Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:40 pm

I have been learning how to parachord skeletonized blades. I just wanted to learn how to do that and as I was doing it, i wondered if anyone has ever done it to a rod? I can see me doing it on my HE rods , in the space between the cork.

Why would you want to do it , dont ask me. i just wondered about doing it.. maybe use different colors for rod recognition..

just a silly question.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

HellaBread
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Paracord on rod question

Post by HellaBread » Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:35 pm

goldrod wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:40 pm
I have been learning how to parachord skeletonized blades. I just wanted to learn how to do that and as I was doing it, i wondered if anyone has ever done it to a rod? I can see me doing it on my HE rods , in the space between the cork.

Why would you want to do it , dont ask me. i just wondered about doing it.. maybe use different colors for rod recognition..

just a silly question.
Considering tuna cord wrapped handles have been a staple on socal deckhand jigsticks for decades I don’t see why paracord wouldn’t work just as fine
Attachments
IMG_4060.jpeg
IMG_4060.jpeg (147.68 KiB) Viewed 698 times
IMG_4057.jpeg
IMG_4057.jpeg (126.47 KiB) Viewed 701 times
IMG_4056.jpeg
IMG_4056.jpeg (111.71 KiB) Viewed 701 times

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Paracord on rod question

Post by goldrod » Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:11 am

HellaBread wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:35 pm
goldrod wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:40 pm

just a silly question.
Considering tuna cord wrapped handles have been a staple on socal deckhand jigsticks for decades I don’t see why paracord wouldn’t work just as fine

that is cool to the beans... plus i dont feel crazy..
now you have got me really thinking about my next build
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible