Major Craft Issue

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
alexandboi
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Major Craft Issue

Post by alexandboi » Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:09 pm

Anyone know what's going on with Major Craft America? Placed an order for a rod on 12/31 and never heard anything back. Figured it was the holidays and they'd get back to me eventually, but I've tried reaching out and have not had any success. Checked with them on Facebook and they gave me an email address to check with. I never received a reply either. Messaged them again on social media and they've just left me on read.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: Major Craft Issue

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:12 pm

They have looked like bankruptcy for at least a year now. Most stuff is discounted, but nothing is in stock, website hasn't been updated in over a year. I've been concerned myself, because I love their quality and consistency.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

_diggy_
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by _diggy_ » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:22 am

I remember seeing their location said permanently closed on Google Maps a while back. You might want to call your CC company, paypal, etc. TWH still has their items and I believe if you are on their email list you may have access to a 20% off sale in the inbox.

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:52 pm

I kinda knew this would happen when they released those cheapo looking rods for the US market. Its like ZPI releasing those garbage reels, chinese hooks and some trash glasses, trying to find a niche in the US.

dennis_rf
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by dennis_rf » Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:04 pm

I saw the other day there are some speed style models on sale at JDMtackleheaven. Like 80 bucks-ish. Shipping rates are a bit steep though.

alexandboi
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by alexandboi » Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:50 pm

I've purchased several rods from them in the past and have had no issues so maybe you guys are right. It is a shame though. I always tried to purchase rods through Major Craft of America to support them, rather than buying overseas even if it meant I paid more.

Oddly, I filed a report with PayPal yesterday and today I received an email with a tracking number. We'll see how it goes.

_diggy_
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by _diggy_ » Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:54 am

Well, glad to hear something finally happened. Which model(s) did you order?

rocketsurgeon
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by rocketsurgeon » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:30 am

Their CS made me whole a few years ago when I had one of their SPJ rods explode on a lingcod. Took about a month once everything was processed.

alexandboi
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by alexandboi » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:00 pm

_diggy_ wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:54 am
Well, glad to hear something finally happened. Which model(s) did you order?
Just picked up a benkei. 6'5" L/SFS. Just wanted something for some redear/shellcracker fishing. I know some guys will say that's too much rod for panfish. But not when you're fishing for 3 to 4 lb class fish in thick veg :lol:

alexandboi
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by alexandboi » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:02 pm

rocketsurgeon wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:30 am
Their CS made me whole a few years ago when I had one of their SPJ rods explode on a lingcod. Took about a month once everything was processed.
Odd. Every time I've purchased a rod it got shipped within 2 days. And my emails got replies within a day or two too. Granted it's been over a year since I've contacted them...

rocketsurgeon
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by rocketsurgeon » Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:17 am

alexandboi wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:02 pm
rocketsurgeon wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:30 am
Odd. Every time I've purchased a rod it got shipped within 2 days. And my emails got replies within a day or two too. Granted it's been over a year since I've contacted them...
There was some back and forth between them and the retailer (Tackle Direct) about who would handle the warranty. It ended up coming down to them after all was said and done. First and last MC rod for me.

ss30378
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by ss30378 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:31 pm

I just looked at the site and it looks like it was just updated. I haven't been on the site in a couple of months but it is different now. Sadly they are not carrying the days 360 line in the US product list.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:37 pm

Bump...

Evidently THUT has received a shipment of Major Craft rods, most appear to be JDM models?
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."