Need a dedicated blade/bladed jig rod (mega/loomis/shim)

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
green weenie
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Need a dedicated blade/bladed jig rod (mega/loomis/shim)

Post by green weenie » Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:53 pm

Looking for a dedicated blade/bladed jig rod that will be used with braid mainline. Using an 843 conquest now but seems a little quick with the braid for moving baits. Thinking possibly the Valkyrie 71mh? Maybe the bjr?
Thoughts?

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Need a dedicated blade/bladed jig rod (mega/loomis/shim)

Post by bronzefly » Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:04 am

The Megabass Valkyrie 7'1" MH is an amazing bladed jig rod/spinner bait rod. It's definitely one of my favorites and it's soft enough to run braid as a main line. I know you wrote "dedicated" but this Valkyrie is also a great full sized Vixen walking bait type rod, and of course does great with 3/8 and 1/2 oz buzz baits!
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

green weenie
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by green weenie » Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:13 pm

Perfect. That makes sense too

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Fri Oct 20, 2023 7:40 am

If I were looking to run fluoro and using 1/2 - 1 oz, I would consider the Rebellion 7'4" Heavy Glass as well. I also think this blank would allow for braid + leader usage, although it likely won't be as capable walking topwaters as the Valkyrie 7'1" MH
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:20 pm

I'm using the NRX 903 and its been working excellent.

MRQturbo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MRQturbo » Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:02 am

Expride 7 2 MH glass is my go to chatterbait rod.. P5 javelin or nrx plus 883 are 2 others I have in my collection that I'll use also...

hungry_cow
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by hungry_cow » Fri Dec 22, 2023 6:44 pm

I love my Destroyer Javelin for bladed jigs. Can launch them a country mile or roll cast accurately. Has enough give to let them load up but enough power to get a good hookset loading up even on long casts. Extremely versatile rod if you want to use for many other techniques also.

I would also highly suggest giving straight flouro a long serious try for a bladed jig setup. Truly the way bass hit a bladed jig is more like a crankbait and you just flat out miss allot more fish with braid as the lack of stretch keeps them from fully sucking in the bait as well not to mention more lost hooked fish. If you are absolutely set on braid then a fiberglass deep cranking type of rod will land more fish.