Megabass P5 Tequila Baccarrac

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Rodster14
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Megabass P5 Tequila Baccarrac

Post by Rodster14 » Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:43 am

I just got this rod and it is very intriguing. I have a P5 BMG and NRX+ 904C. I was trying to decide which one to keep and then I got the Tequila Baccarrac. I know it is labeled a XH, but it casts a 3/4 jig further than either of those rods and seems to be close in sensitivity. I have a small 15 ft Gheenoe (actually a Riverhawk) and space is a premium. If I can keep one heavier rod on the boat to throw heavier jigs, frogs, heavier top waters and swim baits up to 3 ounces, it seems like the wise choice. Am I crazy?

godshippy
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Megabass P5 Tequila Baccarrac

Post by godshippy » Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:12 pm

Doesn't sound crazy, but it's also a good bit shorter of a rod. I like to have a longer rod for throwing the heavier baits--just the feels.

PotatoLake
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Megabass P5 Tequila Baccarrac

Post by PotatoLake » Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:37 am

The P5 TB is my never leave home without it rod. You can throw whatever on it and it handles it great. I don't mind the shorter length, one of my favorite techniques is to skip magdrafts under docks with it. Handles them like a dream. Enjoy the rod dude, you picked a good one.