Looking for Telescopic Bass Rod

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Drakestar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Looking for Telescopic Bass Rod

Post by Drakestar » Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:15 am

I'm looking for a decent telescopic bass rod for my son to take on his bike/in his backpack. Under $100, heavy duty pond fishing, but ideally it's a serviceable bass rod (Medium power, probably). Does anybody have any leads on these? I can find cheap and dubious Chinese offerings on Amazon, I used to have some good telescopic rods growing up in Europe (and I might import). But does anybody know of a US-available rod that would fit the job description?

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: Looking for Telescopic Bass Rod

Post by hoohoorjoo » Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:42 pm

The Daiwa B.B.B. is available in 6-6 and 6-10 models. They are under $200, if you can find them. I've seem them on ebay and Amazon in the past. Aliexpress would be another option for something cheaper, but still decent quality. I got a 66MLF 2 pc spinning rod from there recently that was way above my expectations.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

Drakestar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Drakestar » Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:46 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:42 pm
The Daiwa B.B.B. is available in 6-6 and 6-10 models. They are under $200, if you can find them. I've seem them on ebay and Amazon in the past. Aliexpress would be another option for something cheaper, but still decent quality. I got a 66MLF 2 pc spinning rod from there recently that was way above my expectations.
Thanks for the tip. I'd ordered one and it took a while to get here, but it finally got delivered today. Looks like a fun rod! A bit funky with how big the reel nut and handle are, and a bit slow, but it feels like a proper carbon bass rod! Will see how it fishes, and how sensitive it is.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:36 pm

Drakestar wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:46 pm
hoohoorjoo wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:42 pm
Thanks for the tip. I'd ordered one and it took a while to get here, but it finally got delivered today. Looks like a fun rod! A bit funky with how big the reel nut and handle are, and a bit slow, but it feels like a proper carbon bass rod! Will see how it fishes, and how sensitive it is.
The 610 is a little faster than the 66. My buddy loves the 66 and sold the 610. He likes that they are a Daiwa regular taper, as they are much more versatile than a fast taper rod. Most collapsible rods are very stif and only the two has any action or give.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.