Efreet B76XH-R

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Efreet B76XH-R

Post by dragon1 » Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:50 pm

I have read all I could find on the Luxxe Efreet models, but most posts are about bottom contact and sensitivity, etc.

I have an Efreet B76XH-R (inbound) that handles upwards of 4 oz. Does anyone have experience with this model?
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Efreet B76XH-R

Post by Hogsticker2 » Tue Aug 22, 2023 3:38 pm

Goldrod has the 7'4 model... Unless he sold it.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Tue Aug 22, 2023 3:55 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2023 3:38 pm
Goldrod has the 7'4 model... Unless he sold it.
Yeppers, there's a bit of input on that rod, but that's a totally different animal. This one is regular fast and will be for 1-3 oz oversized spinnerbaits, wake baits, DD divers, glides, topwaters like the 110/130 Whopper Ploppers, bigger Shower Blows... hoping it still responsive enough where I can use 15-20 mono/copoly.

Or forgiving enough in the taper for 40-50 braid + leader
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:59 pm

128 grams is pretty crazy for that rod. I bet it will feel great.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:26 am

Hogsticker2 wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:59 pm
128 grams is pretty crazy for that rod. I bet it will feel great.
Yessir, and I'll balance out the total weight with a Z2020H, so that's ~ under 15 oz for a do it all mod-fast.XH.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:36 pm

I spent a little over two hours pounding 1-1.5 oz lures with my just arrived Efreet B76XH-R today...it it an incredibly impressive rod, and weights in at roughly 128 grams, or ~ 4.515 oz for a rod rated from 1/2 - 4 oz! This rod paired with my OG Z2020H from 2010 balanced less than an inch to the front of the locking nut. It was surprisingly balanced and light overall for such a powerful combo. AND, it is very sensitive for being an XH Regular action!

I was spooled up with 15lb CXX and was able to manhandle the blustery wind today on Percy Priest lake, punching through it with both a 3/4 and 1 oz DW Strike King Bottom Dweller, easily power casting a full sized Buzzjet, handling both the 110 and 130 Whopper Ploppers with ease, distance casting a full sized Super Spook, and still having enough touch to toss a 4.75" Fat Impact on a1/4 oz 5/0 Gamakatsu beast hook with a small belly willow blade.

As well, I feel that this rod would also work for heavier jigs and Carolina Rigs, ARigs and Big Flutter spoons, along with the obvious candidates like the Burrito, glides, swimbaits up to the 4 oz rating. I don't think I would want to power overhand cast anything over 3 oz, but proper underhand casts should be no issue with 3-4 oz.

Looking forward to getting into some heavy presentation power bites with this rod and being able to really manhandle powerful fish in high waters and heavy current as well.

Fishing4Fun
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Fishing4Fun » Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:50 pm

dragon1 wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:36 pm
I spent a little over two hours pounding 1-1.5 oz lures with my just arrived Efreet B76XH-R today...it it an incredibly impressive rod, and weights in at roughly 128 grams, or ~ 4.515 oz for a rod rated from 1/2 - 4 oz! This rod paired with my OG Z2020H from 2010 balanced less than an inch to the front of the locking nut. It was surprisingly balanced and light overall for such a powerful combo. AND, it is very sensitive for being an XH Regular action!

I was spooled up with 15lb CXX and was able to manhandle the blustery wind today on Percy Priest lake, punching through it with both a 3/4 and 1 oz DW Strike King Bottom Dweller, easily power casting a full sized Buzzjet, handling both the 110 and 130 Whopper Ploppers with ease, distance casting a full sized Super Spook, and still having enough touch to toss a 4.75" Fat Impact on a1/4 oz 5/0 Gamakatsu beast hook with a small belly willow blade.

As well, I feel that this rod would also work for heavier jigs and Carolina Rigs, ARigs and Big Flutter spoons, along with the obvious candidates like the Burrito, glides, swimbaits up to the 4 oz rating. I don't think I would want to power overhand cast anything over 3 oz, but proper underhand casts should be no issue with 3-4 oz.

Looking forward to getting into some heavy presentation power bites with this rod and being able to really manhandle powerful fish in high waters and heavy current as well.
Hells yea homie! This rod should be a perfect addition for where and how you fish!

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:11 pm

Fishing4Fun wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:50 pm
dragon1 wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:36 pm

Hells yea homie! This rod should be a perfect addition for where and how you fish!
Haha, yeppers fosho, you know me!

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Thu Sep 07, 2023 4:57 pm

I smacked a few bass at Jefferson Springs recreational area this morning tossing a full sized Buzzjet on 17lb fluoro/Z2020H and this rod. I also had a cray-cray 21" 4.25 (on my Boga) largemouth completely clear the water and eat the Buzzjet! This rod handle everything well, plenty of power, enough loading to keep the trebles pinned, and I was easily able to power crank the fish in.

Thus far, this is an excellent performing all-purpose XH Regular action rod/light powered swimbait type rod that is only 4.55 oz!