New US Market Poison Ultima

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Thunderblack1984
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: New US Market Poison Ultima

Post by Thunderblack1984 » Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:47 am

What is the warranty on these? 1 yr?
Philippians 4:6

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:06 pm

It looks like all of the USDM models incorporate M40X in the blanks. Not the case with the Glorious. This would explain why the blanks are tighter, stiffer, and more crisp, as the T1100G is for strength and elasticity purposes mostly. I'm still researching to see if there are any additional differences in the blanks.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Mon Aug 21, 2023 3:34 pm

A few other blank design differences between the Glorious and the Ultima -
Glorious has Hi Power X
Ultima has Hi Power X Solid
I'd imagine this has something to do with the way the carbon is wrapped, and how many layers are in different sections of the blank. Most likely the butt end for added strength as the Ultima could be more fragile.
Nanopitch -
Only the Ultima has this. My guess is that it has something to do with the resin sauce/formula for strength and weight to power.
At any rate, definitely not the same blanks, and as previously stated, they don't fish and feel the same.

Hulkster
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Hulkster » Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:04 pm

Related question:

is Shimano's spiral X the same as the 'carbon scrim' that used to be featured on IMX and GLX Loomis rods in the late 90s?

is added carbon scrim still used today? just not talked about?

thanks

KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KP Duty » Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:09 am

Hogsticker2 wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 3:34 pm
Glorious has Hi Power X
I'd imagine this has something to do with the way the carbon is wrapped, and how many layers are in different sections of the blank. Most likely the butt end for added strength as the Ultima could be more fragile.
Nanopitch -
Only the Ultima has this. My guess is that it has something to do with the resin sauce/formula for strength and weight to power.
At any rate, definitely not the same blanks, and as previously stated, they don't fish and feel the same.
I honestly don't know what nanopitch is, but I'll say the Glorious started using nano tech in the '19 Glorious XC models. My '19 and '21 models have the tag...my '16's do not. I find it hard to believe the U.S. Ultima has a diferent blank than the JDM model...don't they roll off the same assembly line in Japan? The 11 Glorious models I own all have various carbon percentages and tapers, and correspondingly...they all feel/fish differently. It is possible the Ultima has a different resin/scrim versus the Glorious, but I haven't read anything about it.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Tue Aug 22, 2023 3:37 pm

KP Duty wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:09 am
Hogsticker2 wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 3:34 pm
Glorious has Hi Power X
Nanopitch -
I honestly don't know what nanopitch is, but I'll say the Glorious started using nano tech in the '19 Glorious XC models. My '19 and '21 models have the tag...my '16's do not. I find it hard to believe the U.S. Ultima has a diferent blank than the JDM model...don't they roll off the same assembly line in Japan? The 11 Glorious models I own all have various carbon percentages and tapers, and correspondingly...they all feel/fish differently. It is possible the Ultima has a different resin/scrim versus the Glorious, but I haven't read anything about it.

I never suggested that the JDM and USDM blanks were different. I'm only pointing out the differences between the Glorious and Ultima.

Fran87
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Fran87 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:26 pm

In addition, poison glorious rods have excite top in some models meanwhile in the Utima series it is not shown in his features...

Would be Poison glorious with excite top more suitable for mid/strolling than Ultimas ?

Otherwise, which Ultimas do you choose dor this technique

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:45 pm

Fran87 wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:26 pm
In addition, poison glorious rods have excite top in some models meanwhile in the Utima series it is not shown in his features...

Would be Poison glorious with excite top more suitable for mid/strolling than Ultimas ?

Otherwise, which Ultimas do you choose dor this technique
My opinion, absolutely. PU blanks are quite a bit siffer and don't offer quite the same level of flex/bend before shutting off. That being said, perhaps some of the lighter powered offerings could potentially do the trick.

Hulkster
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Hulkster » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:33 am

what's an excite top?