Zodias vs. Expride B

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Craiger12
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Zodias vs. Expride B

Post by Craiger12 » Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:41 am

Do these rods use the same blanks or blank materials at least with the primary differences being the handle and guides used? I did a little searching around, but didn't come up with a definitive answer. According to the Shimano Japan site they use the same blank technology for the most part.

Any comparison of the rods regarding action, sensitivity, and how they fish would be helpful. I have the current Expride B 610M but no experience with the Zodias at all. Thanks.

slipperybob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Zodias vs. Expride B

Post by slipperybob » Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:20 pm

Zodias rods are pretty good unless you fish it side by side to an equivalent Expride and then you wonder why didn't I just go with Expride. ](*,)

I have both 7'2" ML Zodias first then Expride B second. You just feel a little more with the Expride with lighter lures. The smaller line guides allows a touch feather more sensitivity in the blank during the cast release and even finessing lures.

Maybe cuz the current Expride B with exposed, uncoated blanks might lend to more sensitivity.
slip bobbing is the laziest way to fish

mrpao
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by mrpao » Sat Feb 25, 2023 2:25 am

If you have an Expride already, you'll probably be disappointed with the Zodias.
Zodias is cheaper but also slightly heavier, not as sensitive and not as crisp in the hands. Every time i tried a Zodias rod, I always ended up getting rid of it.
Just stick with the Expride or move up to the Poison adrena.

Craiger12
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Craiger12 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 4:50 am

mrpao wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 2:25 am
If you have an Expride already, you'll probably be disappointed with the Zodias.
Zodias is cheaper but also slightly heavier, not as sensitive and not as crisp in the hands. Every time i tried a Zodias rod, I always ended up getting rid of it.
Just stick with the Expride or move up to the Poison adrena.
This is exactly what I'm concerned about. Having fished both the Expride A and B and the current Adrena, I'm worried that the Zodias would feel like a significant step down and I would never be happy with it. Unfortunately, Shimano doesn't offer the same rod lengths, powers, and tapers across the board. They have to make things a little difficult for us.

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:59 pm

Zodias is a real bad line of rods. Don't like them at all. 4/10.